• Please log in to reply
212 replies to this topic

#201 HMIB

HMIB
  • Silver Sponsor Silver Sponsor
  • 60 posts
  • LocationSoCal

Posted 17 November 2014 - 05:07 PM

Just got my small HTS in polymer and it fits me great!  I started out with a regular HTS, but it is slightly large for me although I shoot it more accurately than my other three SS.  Within 10 shots I was hitting a golf ball at 7 meters with my new small HTS.  Thank you Mr. and Mrs. Hayes for a great product.

Kind regards and Happy Thanksgiving,

Felix

Edited by HMIB, 17 November 2014 - 05:13 PM.

#202 Nobodo

Nobodo

500 Post Club

• +Member
  • 656 posts
  • LocationDouglas County, CO, USA

Posted 19 November 2014 - 12:10 PM

Felix, can you give the size of your hand from the end of your middle finger straight down to the first fold of your wrist (palm side)?

No, that's not part of a cosmo magazine sex poll, just wondering the right size of hts for myself.

Also how far (to what knuckle) do you wrap your thumb and index around for the best comfort level?

Again, that question is about the hts, and totally unrelated to any possible "That's what she said" interpretation.

Within 10 shots I was hitting a golf ball at 7 meters with my new small HTS.

Excellent! :)

#203 HMIB

HMIB
  • 60 posts
  • LocationSoCal

Posted 19 November 2014 - 01:57 PM

Hi Noboda,

7.5" from the tip of my middle finger to the first fold on my wrist.  Palm = 4.25"; index finger = 3.25".

Starting from the tip of fingers:

Thumb, first joint; not a total pinch grip, but bracing against the first joint.

Index finger, second joint like a pinch grip

The small polymer HTS is 3/4" thick while the regular HTS is 1".  The small HTS is about .2" narrower in between the index finger and thumb cut out.  This, combined with the 1/4" thinner slingshot allows me to pull stronger bands,

I am really happy with both my HTS and small polymer HTS.  I have a medium Seal Sniper in poly, which felt even larger than the HTS. After receiving my small HTS - I had the courage to modify the Seal Sniper to match the Index finger - thumb width of the small HTS.  The Seal Sniper is now much more comfortable for me.

I hope this helps.

Kind regards,

Felix

#204 Nobodo

Nobodo

500 Post Club

• +Member
  • 656 posts
  • LocationDouglas County, CO, USA

Posted 31 December 2014 - 12:38 PM

Felix (HMIB) thank you for the above info; I neglected to thank you earlier and the info you provided is great.

Here is some info that Daranda Hays sent me that might help others also...

I asked about dimensions of various models/sizes of HTS, seal sniper, and tubemaster sniper, and she responded:

The Tubemaster can have bands tied on or use the PPro attachments. The attachments work well with this model.

We measure the hand size from the tip of the middle finger to the first crease
of the wrist. The Ballistic Resin Hathcock Target Sniper is 1" thick and
is most comfortable for hand sizes 7 1/4" to 9". The Small Hathcock Target Sniper
in G10 or polymer is 3/4" thick and most comfortable for hand sizes 6 1/4" to
8".  The Boy Scout and small HTS are the same size.

g10
The measurements for the Seal Sniper are
4 1/8"  outside of forks
2 1/4" inside of forks
3 1/2" from thumb to finger
6" total length

Seal
4 1/4" outside of the forks
2 1/4" inside of the forks
3 1/8" from thumb to finger
6" total length

Ranger
4" outside of the forks
2 1/4" inside of the forks
3" from thumb to finger
5 7/8" total length

The Polymer Seal sniper small is for 6 1/4" to 7", med is for 7" to 8", and larger than 8".

Hope this will help.

Thanks,

Daranda Hays

#205 Oldbattleaxe

Oldbattleaxe

100 Post Club

• Registered
  • 144 posts
  • LocationSouth Texas

Posted 09 January 2015 - 01:07 PM

You don't nkow how much that info helps!
Thanks for posting it, I have the Boyscout, and if it's the same size as the HTS small G10, that clinches it for me.

#206 Teach

Teach

100 Post Club

• Registered
  • 132 posts
  • LocationJalisco Mexico

Posted 19 January 2015 - 09:54 AM

Hey All, I shoot gangster style and TTF with a left hand hold. Considering two different models, the HTS and the Seal Sniper. 

I hold my Scout Gen I in a thumb supported position with my index wrapped partially around the edge. Looking at the two above models I'm thinking the Seal sniper would suit my accustomed grip where the HTS seems more like what I think is called a pinch grip. Am I on the right track here?

I've become quite accustomed to the thumb supported position and I shoot everything from my natural to my wire frame Chinese and Dankung types with the same thumb supported grip. Now maybe it's because I have not tried a pinch grip type frame but what I'm doing seems to be working with a thumb supported grip. Which of these two frames would I be better off with?

I'm leaning toward the Seal sniper only because it's frame seems to support a thumb supported grip style more than the HTS. 

Am I off in left field here somewhere or on the right track in thinking?

Teach

#207 HMIB

HMIB
  • 60 posts
  • LocationSoCal

Posted 20 January 2015 - 11:31 AM

Hi Teach,

I think either would suit your shooting style.  I prefer the HTS and I have both.

Felix

#208 Teach

Teach

100 Post Club

• Registered
  • 132 posts
  • LocationJalisco Mexico

Posted 21 January 2015 - 10:45 PM

HMIB, thanks for your input. I wish more fellas would weigh in here.

#209 bmlodge

bmlodge

100 Post Club

• Registered
  • 213 posts
  • LocationMidlands UK

Posted 02 February 2015 - 04:42 AM

Hey Teach,

I personally would recommend the Seal Sniper. I hold and shoot just like you, with pinch grip etc gangster side shooting. I have Hathcock in polymer and resin and Seal Sniper in Ballistic G10 and polymer. Both Seal Snipers I use loads. I absolutely love them. The pinch grip with the pinky hole is so comfortable. I have fairly large hands. About 8" using the rules that Daranda gave. Both the polymer and G10 fit well. At first I thought the G10 Seal Sniper was a little too big but I soon got used to it. I bought the polymer one as an EDC carry one as I love the design so much and the polymer was lighter. Hope I'm not too late with my thoughts. I haven't shot for months now due to the weather and I'm starting to get twitchy!

Edit - Also have the Tube Master which is very similar to the Seal Sniper and just as comfortable but quite a bit thinner (half inch)

Ben

Edited by bmlodge, 02 February 2015 - 04:55 AM.

#210 Sarci sparki

Sarci sparki
  • Registered
  • 1 posts
  • LocationUk

Posted 22 February 2015 - 05:02 PM

Hi fellas, new here. Is the small poly HTS easily conceilable in the hand and pocketable?

Just ordered one to take to work with me as I dont want my wooden ones getting scratched etc lol

Kind regards,

#211 dave4100

dave4100
  • Registered
  • 8 posts
  • LocationVirginia

Posted 22 February 2015 - 05:37 PM

Hey Teach,

I personally would recommend the Seal Sniper. I hold and shoot just like you, with pinch grip etc gangster side shooting. I have Hathcock in polymer and resin and Seal Sniper in Ballistic G10 and polymer. Both Seal Snipers I use loads. I absolutely love them. The pinch grip with the pinky hole is so comfortable. I have fairly large hands. About 8" using the rules that Daranda gave. Both the polymer and G10 fit well. At first I thought the G10 Seal Sniper was a little too big but I soon got used to it. I bought the polymer one as an EDC carry one as I love the design so much and the polymer was lighter. Hope I'm not too late with my thoughts. I haven't shot for months now due to the weather and I'm starting to get twitchy!

Edit - Also have the Tube Master which is very similar to the Seal Sniper and just as comfortable but quite a bit thinner (half inch)

Ben

I have a Seal Sniper medium shipping on Monday.  I didn't see the size measurements so I ordered the medium.  It should be ok. Not to small and not to large. So far, my RH-TTF is the most accurate. 

#212 bmlodge

bmlodge

100 Post Club

• Registered
  • 213 posts
  • LocationMidlands UK

Posted 23 February 2015 - 12:57 AM

Hi fellas, new here. Is the small poly HTS easily conceilable in the hand and pocketable?

Just ordered one to take to work with me as I dont want my wooden ones getting scratched etc lol

Kind regards,

I wouldn't say it's concealable in the hand, maybe at a pinch but it is definitely pocketable. 

Hey Teach,

Ben

I have a Seal Sniper medium shipping on Monday.  I didn't see the size measurements so I ordered the medium.  It should be ok. Not to small and not to large. So far, my RH-TTF is the most accurate. 

I ordered the small Seal Sniper and it's very comfortable to shoot. I imagine that the medium will be a similar size to the G10 one, which again fits my hand well.

#213 Aras

Aras

500 Post Club

• Registered
  • 678 posts
  • LocationLithuania

Posted 03 March 2015 - 01:42 AM

This is still one of my favorite shooters - simple, pocket sized, light and strong.

kKvmRCz.jpg?1

--Click to Remove Ads--