Slingshots Forum banner

Nominations for Slingshot of the Month - Feb!

7K views 28 replies 18 participants last post by  Flatband 
#1 ·
Post nominations for the slingshot of the month for February here! Potential nominees must be custom slingshots created in January. Be sure to post a picture of it. After we have at least 5 nominations we will create a poll where everyone can vote.

PS Sorry about the delay. I forgot to create the poll in the beginning of the month.

#5 ·
There's a lot that I like. I hadn't joined in Feb and I confess I haven't browsed through properly.

I like fish's glow sights; it looks just the thing for night-time sight-shooting hunters.

JoergS's compass is an instant classic, but I prefer his new versions' tie on points. Likewise, his slingbow demonstrates workmanship better than even his usual work.

pallan65's maple is a design I found myself accidentally copying earlier tonight - because it must have stuck in my subconscious. It's just about perfect ergonomics while maintaining symmetry.

Jim Harris' Osage Natural is just good ol' old-time quality.

jephroux's beast is a super power techno-monster that looks like it could punch through two sides of a Volvo, as does Frodo's Friedrich's W

However, all considered, I'd like to nominate Tom (bunnybuster)'s laminate. The use of laminate on a board cut is both visually enhancing and I am sure greatly increases the strength of the board, especially its ability to resist splits along the grain. I am sure it will catch on with many makers and I think it's the biggest single advance I have seen posted in February.

#6 · (Edited by Moderator)
Well, Pallan's bamboo shooter came out one day too late, otherwise that would have been my choice.

I like Hi Tech slingshots. So the "Beast" by jephroux is the one I would like to nominate.

Regarding my own designs, the one I really liked in Feb is my "Delight of the Blacksmith" creation. I really love its Gothic look combined with the High Tech ball bearing equipped handle. It is a favorite piece of my collection as it combines functionality and art. Will bring it to Alverton!

Greetings, Jörg

#13 ·
Flatband's Genuine Arizona Desert Ironwood!!! Beautiful!

#26 ·
I nominate ZDP's Ergo "The Shootist". That has to be one of the finer pieces of craftsmanship I've seen in awhile. Awesome! Flatband

#29 ·
OOOP'S,
Sorry, I forgot it was for February. Flatband

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.