Slingshots Forum banner

Ives/ Stevens

3K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  The Gopher 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
This is an old one! The most recent addition is a very small slingshot and there is not much info on it. It is a Ives/Stevens slingshot made form cast metal. I can 't quite tell what it is. It looks like it was painted silver at one time. I'm not sure if there were two companies sharing a design or what, but I only see this with both names attached to it. Ives Toy Co. of Bridgeport, Connecticut or by J. E. Stevens Toy Co. of Cromwell, Connecticut. Supposedly 1880's-1890's. It's a really small slingshot that measures 4.75" tall and 2.6" wide.

#2 ·
Now this my friend is the coolest so far to me! 1800's really? I love the way they casted in the wood grain into the cast. For that time period that would have been a rich boys toy. Don't you think? Cast iron breaks easily when dropped im surprised it has survived. Imo you got a great one there. Man, thanks for posting it!!

#4 ·
Yep,1890. Some of them were painted. Mine is cast Iron and like Gopher said, she is a small frame. Cool little guy!

#7 ·
I don't think mine is painted Ray. Cast iron color and surprisingly no rust. I have to go up in the attic to grab a few more slingshots for this thread, so I'll bring the little guy down with me. I'm so color blind it may be painted?????

#9 ·
Ray,here's those pictures you wanted of my Ives/Stevens cast iron slingshot. Looks like it was either painted or glass beaded at one time. Some little Rust spots I see. Cool little guy!

Ruler Wood Office ruler Font Material property
Hand Human body Wood Font Twig
Sleeve Wood Cross Twig Font

Attachments

#10 ·
Ray,here's those pictures you wanted of my Ives/Stevens cast iron slingshot. Looks like it was either painted or glass beaded at one time. Some little Rust spots I see. Cool little guy!

attachicon.gif
DSC01874.JPG
attachicon.gif
DSC01875.JPG
attachicon.gif
DSC01876.JPG
Thanks Gary. Wood grain and all. Love that the "lanyard" hole is off center. Gives it that "by hand" look.

#11 ·
Here are my pics

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.