Slingshots Forum banner

Visited Bill Hays When I was In Texas

1K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  Samurai Samoht 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
I was in Texas a few weeks ago and stoped in to see Bill Hays. You may have seen the fidget spinner slingshot video we made. This is just the Vlog about my time down there and the stoping in for a visit with Bill and a lesson part will be in another video. I have to say i was not disappointed the man can shoot. I learned a lot and altho i didn't get a match light during my lesson or i should say not a Legitimate one I did light one when I hit the clip that held the match and match flipped up bounce off the cliff and little self. He was very generous spending 4 hours shooting with me and showing me around his place and sending me home with an awesome pile of loot. (Pic below) I have to say my favorite one right now is the red Hathcock target Sniper. I keep switching back and forth between shooting that and My Scout Gen 2 from simple shot. I haven't shot the other in the pic yet but the g10 one on top has a thumb spot in the center on the other side and bill thought it may work good for my speed shooting and attempt to some day brake the Guinness world record. Since i have been home my accuracy after having that lesson with Bill has doubled so that is really cool. I shoot the head of 3 matches almost daily within 30 shots but have not got a light. Im on the road just not there yet. How owns one of bills slingshots and whats your favorite?

A Very Special Thanks to Bill Hays

Attachments

See less See more
1 1
#2 ·
Bill makes some great stuff, I have one of his older HTS and a new Ranger. When I am missing alot I will switch to the Ranger to see if I am having an off day or should I look at the slingshot I am missing with to see if it is off. If I can't hit with the Ranger it is just me, cause normally that thing shoots like a laser for me. Glad you had a good time meeting Bill, perhaps one day I will.

#3 ·
Ya i hear that bets not to push it on an off day. Sometimes i want to shoot so bad but my mind is all about the stuff i have to get dun and i just cant find that focus. So i switch to instinctive speed shooting and just wail a way at some cans and everything else just falls away.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.