Slingshots Forum banner

Taco Grande starship first shots

1K views 25 replies 7 participants last post by  Abenso 
#1 ·
So I banded up my new starship with braided 107s. Ravenwood78 has sent me some tubes (!) But they are currently sitting at the post office. (Doh). Anyway first shots. Shot at full extension 75"+ draw. Enjoy! Sorry it's kinda long.

Sent from my SM-S920L using Tapatalk

#6 ·
Lol thanks. It really does remind me of a musket vs a regular catty is a pistol. It's so long. The 107s really don't do it justice.

Once you get the tubes on it, you will see a huge difference, I am sure...you probably won't have to draw any further than your cheek to achieve the same speeds...even if you shortened that chain

Sent from my B1-770 using Tapatalk

#8 ·
Its the musket rifle of the slingshot world!

#23 ·
Wow the ammo and tube combo seems to be hard on cans :) That is a neat way that you have the tubes attached, have you noticed any slipping? I am considering making one similar to what you have but I don't know if I can find a fork like the one you have. I am going to look at your older posts about this project because I don't remember what you used as a fork other that it came from a toyota tacoma.

#24 ·
Wow the ammo and tube combo seems to be hard on cans :) That is a neat way that you have the tubes attached, have you noticed any slipping? I am considering making one similar to what you have but I don't know if I can find a fork like the one you have. I am going to look at your older posts about this project because I don't remember what you used as a fork other that it came from a toyota tacoma.
Yeah it's killer. I'm not even at 500% elongation. Lol. As far as attachment I haven't really noticed any slippage I feel if I used alcohol to lube it and really cinch it down it would be bulletproof. As far as the for, it's a transfer case selector fork. A very specific part. Lol probably hard to find however if your skilled with hdpe or wood even you could easily fabricate a similar setup. I am not skilled with either lol so I have to scavenge for forks lol.

#25 ·
Just make a fork out of solid core 3/4" plywood. You could do 1 1/2" OTT flat tops and cut your own TBG and even try double bands on each side. Sand and do a nice black paint, multi-coat finish and that would be cool. -CD

#26 ·
Just make a fork out of solid core 3/4" plywood. You could do 1 1/2" OTT flat tops and cut your own TBG and even try double bands on each side. Sand and do a nice black paint, multi-coat finish and that would be cool. -CD
There you go! Drive some all thread through it or use good epoxy and put it over the end. Ott would be cool too! I prefer ttf so that's what I made.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.