• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 chughes10

chughes10
  • 2 posts
  • LocationBurnt Hills

Posted 18 May 2017 - 12:24 PM

slingbow

Hopefully the picture uploads correctly. Hey guys I'm new here! I do a lot of DIY stuff around the shop and had an idea for a slingbow. It's made from marine plywood, really nice stuff. I did the design on grid paper then glued it on to my slab of stock and cut it out with a band saw. Gonna try for that pull through loop for the tubing, I might need to expand the side holes. They aren't perfectly even up and down anyway so that works.

EDIT: the image should now be attached, I had to figure out the system for uploading here.

Edited by chughes10, 18 May 2017 - 12:39 PM.

#2 Abenso

Abenso

100 Post Club

• Registered
  • 155 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 18 May 2017 - 12:28 PM

Hopefully the picture uploads correctly. Hey guys I'm new here! I do a lot of DIY stuff around the shop and had an idea for a slingbow. It's made from marine plywood, really nice stuff. I did the design on grid paper then glued it on to my slab of stock and cut it out with a band saw. Gonna try for that pull through loop for the tubing, I might need to expand the side holes. They aren't perfectly even up and down anyway so that works.

No picture bto

Sent from my SM-S920L using Tapatalk

#3 chughes10

chughes10
  • 2 posts
  • LocationBurnt Hills

Posted 18 May 2017 - 01:28 PM

No picture bto

Sent from my SM-S920L using Tapatalk

Got it fixed!

#4 Ibojoe

Ibojoe

1000 Post Club

• Registered
  • 1,690 posts
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 19 May 2017 - 05:17 AM

Looks good. Welcome to the forum!!

#5 honorary pie

honorary pie

not really a pie.

• Registered
  • 1,060 posts
  • LocationOntario Canada

Posted 19 May 2017 - 10:02 PM

looks neat, you're gonna want a squarer band tie spot though, the quarter-round will make your band want to roll off.. let us know how it goes!

--Click to Remove Ads--