Close
--Click to Remove Ads--
Photo
- - - - -

Why do you think archery is more popular then slingshots ?

• Please log in to reply
69 replies to this topic

#61 bopaloobop

bopaloobop

100 Post Club

• Registered
  • 122 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 31 March 2017 - 12:43 PM

I dunno Bruce, you should go back and watch some of the Treefork firework lighting vids. Watch him saunter back to the dongle ball, barefoot, after describing what will be an impossible shot. Mrs. CornDawg actually invited herself to go shooting with me after watching one of those vids- a first! Sexy man right there. :) I'd like to think I still got it goin' on but being semi-bald with no butt imposes limitations. I'm currently working on making my smile look more sincere.

I know your peril, I am also without butt.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

#62 CornDawg

CornDawg

Batter Dipped

• Registered
  • 837 posts
  • LocationU.S.A. Pacific Northwest

Posted 31 March 2017 - 01:04 PM

It's not like we don't contribute.  Mickey Mantle was notoriously buttless, and I believe Nathan Masters is light in the trunk.  

Pretty strong company...

#63 Alfred E. Monkeynipples

Alfred E. Monkeynipples

Who is the I that says I Am

• +Member
  • 668 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas, Nevada

Posted 31 March 2017 - 02:02 PM

Butt aren't we getting a little off topic?   Someone might post a pic of the Kardashian caboose and strike me blind   :aahhhh:

#64 romanljc

romanljc

250 Post Club

• Registered
  • 486 posts
  • LocationNorth East USA

Posted 31 March 2017 - 02:39 PM

Attached Thumbnails

• 2017-03-31-16-28-01--615295551.jpg

Edited by romanljc, 31 March 2017 - 02:40 PM.

#65 Chesapeake Inuit

Chesapeake Inuit
  • Registered
  • 33 posts
  • Locationeast coast

Posted 01 April 2017 - 08:35 AM

Hey, it is a nice sport right now with a great brotherhood.  Enjoy it.

It is important that it be vibrant enough to support the small industry so that we can get decent gear and the vendors do well for their efforts.

Outside of that, careful what we wish for.

These are the good old days as Carly Simon says.

#66 Leo

Leo
  • 10 posts
  • LocationToronto

Posted 25 May 2017 - 08:32 PM

I've often wondered why archery doesn't have a greater share of the golfing market, especially since at least some archery clubs offer target-to-target, field competitions similar to the game of golf. Both archery, golf & even SS are about mind, physical control to yield consist proficiency and for the most part, all done outdoors. So why the difference? Basically, it comes down to $. Golfers spend more than archers and the most frugal being the slingshot shooter and so there is an obvious strong correlation...that the higher the cost yields the most popularity and the least costing sport being the least popular. You might think that the inverse would be true but the marketers objective is to tweak your mind to spend, spend, spend because they are hirelings of the manufactures and they also want to be paid. In that light, SS shooters are the smartest because their independent thinking shields them from the sway of marketers to spend more and follow the crowd into more debt. All other posts above are valid as well.    

Edited by Leo, 25 May 2017 - 08:54 PM.

#67 SonoftheRepublic

SonoftheRepublic

250 Post Club

• Registered
  • 266 posts
  • LocationGreat American SouthWest

Posted 25 May 2017 - 09:44 PM

Every time I go by a golf course I just shake my head over the time and money those guys spend on chasing a little white ball around the grass . . . for what? . . . A worthless skill in my book. :shakehead:   

Compare that to knowing what you're doing with a slingshot . . . a far more practical skill and, to me, far more worth your time pursuing. :)

Edited by SonoftheRepublic, 25 May 2017 - 09:44 PM.

#68 Imperial

Imperial

HOBBYIST-SOPHOMORIC-JACKA$$

• Registered
  • 8,191 posts
  • LocationHELLPERIAL, MEXIFORNIA

Posted 25 May 2017 - 10:49 PM

Every time I go by a golf course I just shake my head over the time and money those guys spend on chasing a little white ball around the grass . . . for what? . . . A worthless skill in my book. :shakehead:   

Compare that to knowing what you're doing with a slingshot . . . a far more practical skill and, to me, far more worth your time pursuing. :)

maybe you should stop and play golf with them but shooting them out of your slingshot instead of hitting them with a golf club. 

#69 SonoftheRepublic

SonoftheRepublic

250 Post Club

• Registered
  • 266 posts
  • LocationGreat American SouthWest

Posted 26 May 2017 - 05:13 PM

To each their own my friend.  Golf just ain't for me.

But you could have a point . . . perhaps it might be a way to get them interested in slingshots. :)

Edited by SonoftheRepublic, 26 May 2017 - 05:20 PM.

#70 brucered

brucered

Spin, spin

• Registered
  • 1,496 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 26 May 2017 - 05:43 PM

I golfed for years and thoroughly​ enjoyed it. It's not just about the skill of the game, it's about being outdoors, time with friends and family, similar to fishing I guess. I stopped once we had kids as it is a game that requires too much game time, range time and funds.

My slingshot skills are just as useless as my golf skills and I was a decent golfer (sub 10 handicap, a few rounds at par here and there). I don't use my slingshot skills for hunting or game, so I am a target and can shooter.

After watching a few seasons of Amazing Race, many events in Japan and China doing video game challenges, cup stacking challenges etc, I'd live to see Slingshots get the main stage on a show like this.

Edited by brucered, 26 May 2017 - 05:45 PM.

--Click to Remove Ads--