crazymike

100 Post Club

• Registered
  • 162 posts
  • Locationpa

Posted 13 March 2017 - 10:30 AM

POPULAR

The 2017 ECST will be June 2-4 at the East Huntington Sportsmans club

Early arrivals are welcome, Biggbill and I will be there from Wednesday 5-31-2017.

There will be some format changes this year. Details to follow. Nothing major, biggest change will be Spanish knock downs will take place of the short range paper.

Post questions here and we will keep this thread updated.

Looking forward to another great event

Hope to see yenz soon

Be safe!

Crazy Mike

#2 pult421

pult421

1000 Post Club

• Moderators Moderators
  • 1,263 posts
  • Locationnew york city

Posted 13 March 2017 - 10:39 AM

Thanks so much for the info mike.

#3 JTslinger

JTslinger

1000 Post Club

• Moderators Moderators
  • 1,230 posts
  • LocationNorthern Utah

Posted 13 March 2017 - 08:15 PM

Bummed I have to miss this year due to family obligations.

#4 BiggBill

BiggBill
  • Registered
  • 47 posts
  • LocationAcme PA

Posted 19 March 2017 - 12:30 PM

OK it's about time we start the buzz on the 2017 ECST.

As mentioned above there will be a format change to the event this year. This is the tentative plan:

The Tournament:

1. 25 yard paper, 10 shots, 3pts for each bull, 1 pt in the outer circle. 30 possible points

2. 4 Rounds of Spanish Knock Down. This will take the place of both 11 yard paper categories. 30 pts possible/round, 120 total possible points

3. Speed shot, same as before. 5 cans, 30 seconds, progressive scoring. 15 possible points

4. Woods course, this also to be the same. 30 targets at a point each.

5. 70 yard and 40 yard gong shoot. 5 points at each distance for a possible 10 points

6. As custom dictates there will be a bonus target for 1 pt.

206 total possible points.

To help perpetuate this event we are raising the tournament entrance fee to $30.

In addition to the tournament we are planning some events that will be group focused. First, we are bringing back the running deer target. Instead of a running deer, we will fashion a bulls eye type target and run it on the running deer equipment. There will be an entry fee and the winner will take home half the cash. Details of how the elimination works is TBD. Second, I have Friday evening slated to have a Spanish Knock Down head to head event. Again there will be an entry fee and the winner will take half the cash. This will be a double elimination type format that also needs solidified. I wanted double elimination in case I got paired with Nathan, or Ray, or another one of you craft masters. I am planning on having a set of indoor SKD and a set of outdoor, The head to head I think will be indoor and should be a ton of heckling, fellowship, and competition.

Also, Sunday morn will be the Eagle eye and the Dennis the Menace shoot.

I am also considering a ridiculous distance shoot. This would be a per shot donation with a pot that should build. Again winner take half. My issue is this would need manned by someone. Crazy Mike and I like the juice of the barley, so we can't be on it 24/7.

If you are wondering where the other half of the cash goes, it will go to the club to defray costs and keep the great relationship alive.

I have not received club permission yet, but I am hoping to have the main gallery set up in the bay to the left where we typically do the tournament shooting. It will be drier and I'm also hoping to have an alternative backdrop. I also hope to have lighting added.. Maybe this will help reduce the parking lot shoots.

If anybody has suggestions, write them on the back of a $50 bill and email it to me. Just kidding.

Let hear from those who think they will attend. It would be nice to have a preliminary head count to help the club estimate supplies and what not.

Peace out

Biggbill Steiner

#5 pult421

pult421

1000 Post Club

• Moderators Moderators
  • 1,263 posts
  • Locationnew york city

Posted 20 March 2017 - 12:34 PM

This sounds amazing already.

#6 romanljc

romanljc

100 Post Club

• Registered
  • 248 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 20 March 2017 - 12:48 PM

The 2017 ECST will be June 2-4 at the East Huntington Sportsmans club

Early arrivals are welcome, Biggbill and I will be there from Wednesday 5-31-2017.

There will be some format changes this year. Details to follow. Nothing major, biggest change will be Spanish knock downs will take place of the short range paper.

Post questions here and we will keep this thread updated.

Looking forward to another great event

Hope to see yenz soon

Be safe!
Crazy Mike

You should put the address for people coming from for away

#7 BiggBill

BiggBill
  • Registered
  • 47 posts
  • LocationAcme PA

Posted 20 March 2017 - 01:16 PM

East Huntingdon Sportsman's Association

286 Sportsman's Road

Alverton PA 15683

Thanks Romanljc

#8 BiggBill

BiggBill
  • Registered
  • 47 posts
  • LocationAcme PA

Posted 20 March 2017 - 04:07 PM

Where is everybody?
I know I'm not common fixture around here, but darn, I'm starting to think no one is doing the ecst this year.

#9 GrayWolf

GrayWolf

2000 Post Club

• Silver Sponsor Silver Sponsor
  • 2,547 posts
  • LocationIowa

Posted 20 March 2017 - 06:47 PM

I'm hoping to be there Thursday around noon.

#10 quarterinmynose

quarterinmynose

2000 Post Club

• Silver Sponsor Silver Sponsor
  • 2,972 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina, USA

Posted 20 March 2017 - 07:20 PM

I'm hoping to be there,quite probably Emily will be with me again as well.

#11 bigdh2000

bigdh2000

500 Post Club

• Moderators Moderators
  • 524 posts
  • LocationCanton, Georgia, USA

Posted 21 March 2017 - 05:53 AM

I will be there. I will also drop this information on a few of the Facebook groups most visit more frequently these days.

#12 flipgun

flipgun

2000 Post Club

• Registered
  • 2,946 posts
  • Locationtexas

Posted 21 March 2017 - 06:20 AM

I won't be coming. :cursin:  but maybe some GPS co-ordinates to help find the spot?

Have Fun Folks and do lots of pics for us stay-at-homes.

Edited by flipgun, 21 March 2017 - 06:21 AM.

#13 JTslinger

JTslinger

1000 Post Club

• Moderators Moderators
  • 1,230 posts
  • LocationNorthern Utah

Posted 21 March 2017 - 06:30 AM

I'm assuming since no times are listed for the various target shoots, that they are like previous years and they can be done whenever as long as there is a witness?

#14 BiggBill

BiggBill
  • Registered
  • 47 posts
  • LocationAcme PA

Posted 21 March 2017 - 07:46 AM

Yes, tournament shooting can be done at leisure

Lat Lon Coordinates

#15 M.J

M.J

Six of one/ Half dozen of the other

• Moderators Moderators
  • 7,612 posts
  • LocationIndiana, USA

Posted 21 March 2017 - 07:59 AM

Yes, tournament shooting can be done at leisure

Lat Lon Coordinates

If that is the case then scores will not be comparable to European or other US tournaments that use the SKD format.

#16 BiggBill

BiggBill
  • Registered
  • 47 posts
  • LocationAcme PA

Posted 21 March 2017 - 08:20 AM

One of the conversations last year was to change the format to align with other tournaments. Nathan, Dan, and I were supposed to hash that out. Life has gotten in the way and time is slipping by and I wanted to get something started on the forum.

I am 100% open to making changes that keep the tournaments comparable to each other. That would allow a series of tournaments to be scored during the year and a points system established, similar to car or motorcycle racing.

As you know, I am probably the least knowledgeable about the standard format. My goal is to make this one of the premier events of the year and welcome all criticism.

Let's take this conversation off line and discuss. Message me an email and I'll include you in the discussion.

#17 NaturalFork

NaturalFork

No other shooting sport compares.

• Bronze Sponsor Bronze Sponsor
  • 6,266 posts
  • LocationNew Hampshire

Posted 21 March 2017 - 08:47 AM

See you dudes there.

#18 Rayshot

Rayshot

4000+ Post Club

• Vendors Supporting Vendor
  • 4,359 posts
  • LocationLawrenceville, Georgia USA

Posted 21 March 2017 - 03:04 PM

It will be great for me to make it, I am working on a plan to make it early, the drive in one sitting gets worse on me each year.  It will be a real treat from the chaos of the last couple of years (mostly the past year) to be able to immerse myself in SS, free from the distractions!!

#19 trapperdes

trapperdes
  • Registered
  • 6 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 21 March 2017 - 03:07 PM

Planning to be there

#20 Metropolicity

Metropolicity

The BB Man

• Registered
  • 2,469 posts
  • LocationMiddle of Canada

Posted Today, 08:58 AM

Going to have to bow out this year boys and gals. A wedding impedes my journey out East!

--Click to Remove Ads--