• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#21 Wildrat

Wildrat
  • Registered
  • 18 posts
  • LocationMobile, Alabama

Posted 12 February 2017 - 10:53 AM

Well, I'd hate to see it make you give up on sling shooting.  Especially since it looks like they used an old wire-frame model to repair your back.

post-25298-0-56762700-1486914183_thumb.j

I see those kinds of things as omens...

Does sling shooting aggravate your condition as much as cycling?

I won't give up the slingshot. I think once I get better, shooting the slingshot will be less aggravating than cycling. Normally cycling does not bother me. I ride anywhere form 34-60 miles three times a week, never had a problem apart from a wreck. I have ridden nearly 3,000 miles in 9 months.

Yeah, the last major surgery was done around 2006. They told me then there was a fairly good chance the disk above fusions would fail eventually.  I'm hoping for the best but based on my experience with the types of pain I am feeling, something has failed. I also had a bicycle wreck a couple months ago and I hit the asphalt. My left side looked like someone painted me black and blue. The hematoma on my left hip is still being absorbed. Luckily I was only doing 14mph, it was bad enough as is. I destroyed a jersey, had to buy a new helmet, plus a doctors visit to find out I chipped some bone on my hip socket, not much. They only x-rayed my hip, but I was not having any back issues at the time. Oh Well, enough of this.

I want to build a box for shooting at like I have seen on tube, the front is open, the inside is angled to roll the steelies down into a catcher. I looked at the PVC contraptions and I thought about then first, but I like the box better.

Edited by Wildrat, 12 February 2017 - 10:58 AM.

#22 StretchandEat

StretchandEat

1000 Post Club

• Registered
  • 1,224 posts
  • LocationMississippi USA

Posted 12 February 2017 - 03:40 PM

I'd definitely be looking for a good/easy writing pain management Dr.

#23 Wildrat

Wildrat
  • Registered
  • 18 posts

Posted 12 February 2017 - 03:42 PM

I'd definitely be looking for a good/easy writing pain management Dr.

My doc has no problem giving me pain meds as I will not use them unless I am dying.

#24 StretchandEat

StretchandEat

1000 Post Club

• Registered
  • 1,224 posts
  • LocationMississippi USA

Posted 12 February 2017 - 03:48 PM

Well that's a good thing as to not build up a tolerance until absolutely having to take them

#25 Wildrat

Wildrat
  • Registered
  • 18 posts

Posted 12 February 2017 - 04:17 PM

Well that's a good thing as to not build up a tolerance until absolutely having to take them

I agree, plus I have a pretty high pain threshold.

#26 rockslinger

rockslinger

4000+ Post Club

• Bronze Sponsor Bronze Sponsor
  • 4,684 posts
  • LocationAz.

Posted 13 February 2017 - 06:59 PM

https://www.bing.com...r=0&FORM=VDQVAP

Edited by rockslinger, 13 February 2017 - 07:00 PM.

#27 Wildrat

Wildrat
  • Registered
  • 18 posts

Posted 13 February 2017 - 07:17 PM

Yes, I saw that jig on their site. I am making the one that uses a coupl small vises. I have the vises already. Thanks for the link.

#28 ZombieHunter

ZombieHunter
  • 6 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 18 February 2017 - 01:09 PM

Best wishes from Germany... get well soon!

#29 Viper010

Viper010

2000 Post Club

• Registered
  • 2,012 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 18 February 2017 - 02:03 PM

Welcome to the forum. I hope you feel better soon.

#30 Wildrat

Wildrat
  • Registered
  • 18 posts

Posted 18 February 2017 - 02:56 PM

Best wishes from Germany... get well soon!

Welcome to the forum. I hope you feel better soon.

Thanks to both of you!

#31 flamenquito

flamenquito
  • Registered
  • 18 posts
  • Locationjaen españa

Posted Yesterday, 05:42 PM

hola bienvenido, espero que se recupere pronto,las lesiones de espalda son muy molestas mis mejores deseos para su recuperación,muchos ánimos desde españa

Hello welcome, hope that is recover soon, the injury of back are very annoying my best wishes for his recovery, many encouragement from Spain, hope a good translation

#32 Wildrat

Wildrat
  • Registered
  • 18 posts

Posted Yesterday, 06:11 PM

hola bienvenido, espero que se recupere pronto,las lesiones de espalda son muy molestas mis mejores deseos para su recuperación,muchos ánimos desde españa

Hello welcome, hope that is recover soon, the injury of back are very annoying my best wishes for his recovery, many encouragement from Spain, hope a good translation

Thank You, so far it's not going well with recovery. I go back to the doctor in a week.

--Click to Remove Ads--