Close
--Click to Remove Ads--
Photo
- - - - -

Looking for a pocket size everyday carry slingshot?

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Tag

Tag

3000 Post Club

• Silver Sponsor Silver Sponsor
  • 3,350 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 12 December 2016 - 04:33 PM

The Boy Shot and the Micro Ranger are two of finest everyday carry slingshots you will ever shoot. the Boy Shot uses tubes and the Micro Ranger uses flat bands. I went to Pocket Predator.com to order a couple Boy Shots for Christmas. What I discovered was a new Peen finish on the slingshots. I can't wait to put a set of tubes on and shoot a can or two. The Boy Shot not shown here will have holes for tubes. image.jpeg

#2 Ibojoe

Ibojoe

1000 Post Club

• Registered
  • 1,134 posts
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 13 December 2016 - 06:44 AM

Hey Tag, I like those. I've always liked carrying the axiom champ. Never really thought about a little aluminum jobby. Gonna have to look into it. The sand blasting should make it real grippy? Right?
  • Tag likes this

#3 Tag

Tag

3000 Post Club

• 3,350 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 13 December 2016 - 11:56 AM

They are so easy to control unlike the larger slingshots. I like a slingshot where the fork height is close to my hand, that way I don't feel as much pressure as I pull back. Thanks for your reply lbojoe.

#4 namazu

namazu

250 Post Club

• Registered
  • 375 posts
  • Locationarizona

Posted 14 December 2016 - 03:53 PM

I like the looks of these frames and your idea is sound based on my personal expiriances . I find I tend to enjoy smaller sized frames . Andyou and family have a Merry Christmas .

#5 Tag

Tag

3000 Post Club

• 3,350 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 14 December 2016 - 04:17 PM

Thanks namazu I appreciate your response. May you and your family have a Merry Christmas.

#6 inconvenience

inconvenience

1000 Post Club

• Registered
  • 1,217 posts
  • LocationNew Orleans, LA, USA

Posted 15 December 2016 - 03:52 PM

The Topshot is 3/4" thick but very small otherwise. Disappears in my slingshot pocket. Just got it yesterday and about to do review.

#7 inconvenience

inconvenience

1000 Post Club

• Registered
  • 1,217 posts

Posted 15 December 2016 - 04:20 PM

Thanks for this post. I kinda wish he offered a 1/2" thick poly version of this.. I look forward to your review.
  • Tag likes this

#8 Tag

Tag

3000 Post Club

• 3,350 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 15 December 2016 - 05:54 PM

I've shot the Boy Shot for a couple of years now, they are truly amazing. I've tried to describe how the shorter height of the forks contribute to the the stability of the slingshot. It's like what we used to call choking up on a baseball bat so that you can control it better.

#9 Tag

Tag

3000 Post Club

• 3,350 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 20 December 2016 - 02:18 PM

I agree inconvinience, 1/2 inch poly would be great. I put plasti dip on one, it turned out nice.

#10 Tag

Tag

3000 Post Club

• 3,350 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 20 December 2016 - 04:22 PM

I received two of the best EDC pocketable slingshots ever!!!!!!!!!! I couldn't wait to see the Peen finish and it is awesome. There was also a nice set of tubes and a great pouch. I am not saying anything against any other slingshots, this one is perfect for.image.jpg image.jpeg

#11 inconvenience

inconvenience

1000 Post Club

• Registered
  • 1,217 posts

Posted 20 December 2016 - 08:54 PM

Wow. I'm really impressed. And I didn't even think about dipping or maybe even adding a thinif scale I needed a little bit more to grip. With that look I'd hate to cover it though.

I think you sold me on it.

Edited by inconvenience, 20 December 2016 - 08:56 PM.

#12 pult421

pult421

1000 Post Club

• Moderators Moderators
  • 1,202 posts
  • Locationnew york city

Posted 22 December 2016 - 06:59 AM

That is so cool dude. Im liking that design. Makes me think maybe people would love edc shooters alot more if the thickness wasnt like 3/4inch.. half inch hdpe. Gotta get some.
  • Tag likes this

#13 Kalevala

Kalevala

250 Post Club

• Registered
  • 364 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 25 December 2016 - 07:46 AM

I received two of the best EDC pocketable slingshots ever!!!!!!!!!! I couldn't wait to see the Peen finish and it is awesome. There was also a nice set of tubes and a great pouch. I am not saying anything against any other slingshots, this one is perfect for.attachicon.gifimage.jpgattachicon.gifimage.jpeg

Thanks Tag  :thumbsup: , I ordered one without finishing.

#14 Bill Hays

Bill Hays

3000 Post Club

• Vendors Supporting Vendor
  • 3,145 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 11 January 2017 - 12:03 PM

Thanks Tom!

Pretty soon we'll be offering that finish, probably instead of the sandblasted one... I think it's just a little nicer

--Click to Remove Ads--