Slingshots Forum banner

The Trout Slingshot!

2K views 13 replies 7 participants last post by  SlingshotBill 
#1 ·
Introducing my newest design, the Trout!

A little bit of background for this design: Over the past year, I have been looking at the old classic Whamo slingshots. What makes them so great is their pure simplicity. There is absolutely nothing complex or fancy about them. I wanted to keep that beautiful simplicity, and at the same time make it a bit smaller and compact.

This is the design that I have come up with. It has a very similar style of attaching the bands as the old Whamos. The overall size has been scaled down, keeping the same fork shape. I changed the handle to be a bit more comfortable, but at the same time kept it simple.

The variations are either for a TTF for flatbands, or a tube shooter for either OTT or TTF. It is meant to be shot mainly in a thumb brace and finger hook grip style.

Each slingshot is handcrafted from High Quality Baltic Birch Plywood, and finished with Boiled Linseed Oil. Bandset included.

Of course this design will also be available for custom order, upon request.

Please comment if you have any questions.

Only available to the US.

Price: $30 Free shipping

Attachments

See less See more
#8 · (Edited by Moderator)
Hi Tony,

i like the design!

Just add a core out of 1/4" G10 and it will be surely strong enough.

Stefan
Hi Stefan,

Thanks for your comment. I like the idea, but the original idea was to keep it simple and affordable, and if I did that, I would have to increase the price.

Once again, I will test the tube shooter extensively for strength.

Thanks,

Tony

#9 ·
Hi Tony,
i like the design!
Just add a core out of 1/4" G10 and it will be surely strong enough.
Stefan
Hi Stefan,
Thanks for your comment. I like the idea, but the original idea was to keep it simple and affordable, and if I did that, I would have to increase the price.
Once again, I will test the tube shooter extensively for strength.
Thanks,
Tony
im sure if it looked good with a core.. you can up the price.. presentation is everything. Seen a slingshot similar to yours with the same holes in multiplex.. he had tubes on it.. so its probably ok.

#10 ·
Hi there Tony. I love your re-creation of the old Whamo style slotted fork. Yours is much improved, as in, Baltic Birch plywood, is Very tough, and your handle part would fit way better than the original, in my view. I do have a question or confirmation for you though buddy. Is that simply a folded (doubled over) section of band in those slots, or do you have a match stick hidden in there somewhere. :) LarryB

#11 ·
Hi there Tony. I love your re-creation of the old Whamo style slotted fork. Yours is much improved, as in, Baltic Birch plywood, is Very tough, and your handle part would fit way better than the original, in my view. I do have a question or confirmation for you though buddy. Is that simply a folded (doubled over) section of band in those slots, or do you have a match stick hidden in there somewhere. :) LarryB
Thank you very much, Larry. The slot is actually extremely thin, so that you need simply to stretch the rubber, slide it into the slot and release. It holds the band plenty tight enough.

#13 ·
Hey Tony I like your concept and as for the people questioning the strength of the design. Look at the stress point in a Wham-O I don't know about youall but all 8 of my Vintage Wham-Os (1949 to 1971) are shootable condition.

Sent from my LG-K373 using Tapatalk
Thanks Bill! I like the idea of the old Whamos too!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.