• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Mark Balenger

Mark Balenger
  • 2 posts
  • LocationPonte Vedra, FL

Posted 20 October 2016 - 11:30 AM

s-l1600 (1).jpg

For about the cost of a new set of flat bands, this replacement rest restores the original out-of-the-box capability for firing full-size arrows to your classic Whamo Sportsman.   CNC-formed in the USA from high tensile carbon steel, this accessory is stronger than the original and will add a whole new dimension of hunting, target shooting and bow fishing to your outdoor experience.

http://www.ebay.com/...AAAOSw4shYAEEG 

s-l1600 (2).jpg s-l1600 (3).jpg

Edited by Mark Balenger, 20 October 2016 - 11:36 AM.

#2 treefork

treefork

Focus

• +Member
  • 18,507 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 20 October 2016 - 03:03 PM

Welcome to the forum .

#3 SlingshotBill

SlingshotBill

250 Post Club

• Registered
  • 498 posts
  • LocationNew Mexico

Posted 20 October 2016 - 07:42 PM

attachicon.gifs-l1600 (1).jpg

For about the cost of a new set of flat bands, this replacement rest restores the original out-of-the-box capability for firing full-size arrows to your classic Whamo Sportsman. CNC-formed in the USA from high tensile carbon steel, this accessory is stronger than the original and will add a whole new dimension of hunting, target shooting and bow fishing to your outdoor experience.

http://www.ebay.com/...AAAOSw4shYAEEG

attachicon.gifs-l1600 (2).jpgattachicon.gifs-l1600 (3).jpg

Mark Welcome to the Fourm Looks Like We are Fellow Wham-O Fans! I've Got bout 6 in my collection I think they did the arrow thing in the 60s right?

Sent from my LG-K373 using Tapatalk

Edited by SlingshotBill, 20 October 2016 - 07:43 PM.

#4 Mark Balenger

Mark Balenger
  • 2 posts
  • LocationPonte Vedra, FL

Posted 20 October 2016 - 11:22 PM

Thanks for the kind welcome, both of you. I've had my original Whamo Sportsman since about 1969 when it was given to me by a family member. At the time I was too young to play with it and it wound up sitting unused for decades. Then one day I was looking at slingshot videos on Youtube and realized I still had it. I dug it out of a box and a couple of flatbands later I was shooting .45 cal lead balls with a high degree of power and accuracy. In looking at some pictures online of the original packaging I was intrigued to learn that it once came with an arrow rest, which had long since been lost. Having been fortunate enough to find an original wire rest, I bought some arrows and found it to be quite accurate within 25 yards. The original rest is made of a relatively soft metal that wouldn't stand up well to use and abuse, so I duplicated it with modern matrrial and manufacturing methods and hope it will be useful to other enthusiasts. This is just the first of a few ideas I have for enhancing the capabilities of this proven slingshot platform, so hopefully it will be well received by other Whamo shooters and Collectors. Cheers!

#5 Ibojoe

Ibojoe

1000 Post Club

• Registered
  • 1,337 posts
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 21 October 2016 - 09:56 AM

Welcome to the forum! Lots of Wham-O enthusiast here! WELCOME!

--Click to Remove Ads--