Slingshots Forum banner

Hemp Twine as band/pouch ties

1K views 11 replies 6 participants last post by  theTurk 
#1 ·
I've recently started using hemp twine to attach my bands, tubes and pouches. I have been getting great longevity and have not gotten any rips or tears on rubber from the ends that I use this twine. As someone who loves his waxed string, I can tell you that hemp twine is a lot more friendly to rubber. I just wanted to let members know that hemp twine is also an option if you haven't used it before , a helluva good one too!!!! [emoji16][emoji16][emoji16]

e12a0b7805e431ad56d82166cd66a761.jpg
c38d63810e8a924dd0e0fe1791abcab1.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

See less See more
#12 ·
Thanks Turk, it's now on my try-it-out list. I had a set of hemp forks once but they always shot high. :)

Seriously, if it weren't for one narrow-minded, self-centered bureaucrat by the name of Harry Jacob Anslinger, hemp would be appreciated for the miracle plant that it is, in all its manifestations.
No problem buddy! Hemp is supposedly better than cotton when holding things together as it has longer fibers than cotton. Give it a try, I'm sure you would like it! [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.