Slingshots Forum banner

1" x 18 Latex Tourniquet Bands not quite what I expected

5K views 23 replies 7 participants last post by  pult421 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
So I ordered 100% latex tourniquet straps 1"x 18 " by a company called Dukal. This after being burned on amazon with what was listed as"Latex" tourniquet bands when in fact they are medline latex free tourniquet straps. no bueno. So I get these in today and I am disappointed. They are not the semi transparent greenish bands I was hoping for. they are more off white cream color, )see pic below against the latex bands that came with my new Jelly Bean). They smell like latex and though they do not seem as elastic as the latex I am used to, they fire the ammo with plenty of zip, I've run 100 shots through them and they still seem ok. anyone have any ideas if these are really latex and are worth using?

Attachments

See less See more
Sensitive content, not recommended for those under 18
#2 ·
The latex tourniquets that every ones raves about have the color of the bands on your Jellybean . I bought some like yours ( creamy white color ) from Medline and was also disappointed . I used the old natural pure latex tourniquets from the hospital and those are fantastic . Hygenic used to makes those . Bottom line . Tourniquets are great . You just have to use the right ones . The medical field has gone latex free so they're not as available as they used to be .

#3 ·
These aren't medline, I have som

The latex tourniquets that every ones raves about have the color of the bands on your Jellybean . I bought some like yours ( creamy white color ) from Medline and was also disappointed . I used the old natural pure latex tourniquets from the hospital and those are fantastic . Hygenic used to makes those . Bottom line . Tourniquets are great . You just have to use the right ones . The medical field has gone latex free so they're not as available as they used to be
These aren't the medline ones, I have some of those I am returning as they are not latex at all, these are just not the stuff I am used too. 200 rounds through them now and still going. they definitely smell like latex

#4 ·
If it smells like latex it's probably latex I'd say... Any sign of them "breaking in" ie getting smoother in the draw with a couple of dozen shots?

Some rubber types need some miles on the clock before they reach peak performance. For example, the old school 6mm milbro style squares...

#7 · (Edited by Moderator)
If they have a pretty flat trajectory out to about 40' or 50' with 3/8" ammo and don't distort when pushed near max you should be golden dude.

I'm shooting the ones from Simple-Shot but I'd love to pick up a box like that if they perform to those specs.

If anyone runs across boxes of the 3/4"×18" tourniquet bands actually made by Hygienic Corporation please let me know. So far no dice.

#8 ·
I use latex like that . Ive had one set last me over 500 shots.. and still didnt break. Ended up giving someone the slingshot i had along with those bands. I like em.. i get mine from bigelow and co. In nyc. I never had an issue.. they are about .025 i think. Thin.. but fast when used semi buttahflahhhh.

#9 ·
I use latex like that . Ive had one set last me over 500 shots.. and still didnt break. Ended up giving someone the slingshot i had along with those bands. I like em.. i get mine from bigelow and co. In nyc. I never had an issue.. they are about .025 i think. Thin.. but fast when used semi buttahflahhhh.
Are those individually rolled? PM me your address I'll send you a few to see what you think

#10 ·
Dooooooooooood.. i just got the package.. i was gonna make a video.. but its not needed.. these are not at all what i get.. ima send out the tourniquet bands i buy. you should get them monday .. youre gonna love them. Thin.. but fast.. and they turn green or discolor as normal latex should. Thank you for the target bands though. :)

#13 ·
Dooooooooooood.. i just got the package.. i was gonna make a video.. but its not needed.. these are not at all what i get.. ima send out the tourniquet bands i buy. you should get them monday .. youre gonna love them. Thin.. but fast.. and they turn green or discolor as normal latex should. Thank you for the target bands though. :)
Yea the ones I get from Simple-Shot turn orangish in places. I get 500 shots from those, at least. And even though it's only 3/4" wide I get a tiny bit of hand slap using 3/8" ammo. So it's definitely getting the top speed for my draw length.

It's more aggressive than Thera-Band, if a little less pleasant.

#19 ·
#20 ·
https://www.boundtree.com/tourniquet-350118-product-10618-301.aspx?search=350118

This is the link to the only ones I know of that are actually latex. Once I found them, I stopped looking.
i feel like.. those are the ones he sent me. I could be wrong.
Those are the ones I sent, I got them at Boundtree
They have a double wall and can stretch to 600%. Tons of power and too much for 3/8" steel.

Reactions: pult421
#21 ·
https://www.boundtree.com/tourniquet-350118-product-10618-301.aspx?search=350118

This is the link to the only ones I know of that are actually latex. Once I found them, I stopped looking.
They have a double wall and can stretch to 600%. Tons of power and too much for 3/8" steel.
Yep, handslap with 3/8" they throw 7/16 great.

#22 ·
600? I thought natural latex is over 700 on the elongation.. either way.. they are great. Hey truth.. just lemme know how i can return the favor.

#23 ·
The main thing you have to remember is that they feel maxed out the first time around 300%. You can almost double that before you hit the real max. Ask Brandon (TNSSG) what happened when he tried them. :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.