Slingshots Forum banner

Dankung and inconsistent tubes

3K views 28 replies 9 participants last post by  inconvenience 
#1 ·
Hello people, just received 10 m of 1842 Dankung tubes in the mail. When compared to my 1842's from my previous order , they are thinner and feel much different. I can't say it's better or worse. But just has you wondering if we can ever be sure of what tubes we are actually shooting. Has anyone experienced this as well?

bc1f3fb83b74795bafce0ef2abe469a8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

See less See more
#10 ·
I've had the same problem with TBG . One batch cut 3/4 in straight cut 7in shot perfect. Cut some more from different batch barely made it to the target. Most Dankung tubing I've bought has been pretty good only had one bad batch. Order the premium tube next time. Has more quality control.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#19 · (Edited by Moderator)
Dankung did say they updated the black tubes to be "better" ... and more stretchy seems to me like it would be better. Also keep in mind that as you shoot the tubes .. they get wider. The diameter enlarges as you shoot. So this could account for the visual size difference.

Also as you shoot tubes they lose the "shine" and smoothness on the outside. A worn in set looks and feels MUCH different than a new set.

I can only really speak for the black ones though ...

Or possibly they gave you 2040s by mistake.

#21 ·
I've noticed inconsistencies with dankung tubes as well. I recently got some of the new premium 1842. Hopefully the premium stuff will be more consistent. But dankung tubes aren't the only elastics I've had inconsistencies with. I once ordered a large roll of tbg that was mostly unusable because one side of it was thinner than the other side and the edges of it were wavy, not straight. And I've had Alliance Sterling 107s that were quite slow, while other ones rivaled 1" tbg.

But I've decided to stick with dankung stuff for a couple reasons. First, it's made specifically with slingshots in mind. Second, band sets are easier to make and they last much longer for me. I know some people say that tubes don't last any longer than flats, but that hasn't been my experience and I've shot a ton of both flats and tubes. Could be the way that I rig my bands. My son shoots OTT and in his case tubes don't seem to last much longer, even when he uses some kind of buffer at the fork end. I shoot ATT and I notice a big difference in life span between flats and tubes.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.