• Please log in to reply
1367 replies to this topic

#1361 Jeffrey Mueller

Jeffrey Mueller
  • Registered
  • 2 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 23 February 2017 - 06:29 PM

I received my #9 perk a while ago. Really like all of them, even though a few are not right for my large hands. I am also waiting for the clamps to come in, That also was a main reason for ordering perk#9. I have bought other slingshots from Bill, and have been completely happy with his product.
One question I have, is how to band my SERE? One side is smooth, no groove. Do I need the promised clamps for this, or am I missing a understanding on how to band it?
Any help please

#1362 treefork

treefork

Focus

• +Member
  • 18,532 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 23 February 2017 - 06:57 PM

I received my #9 perk a while ago. Really like all of them, even though a few are not right for my large hands. I am also waiting for the clamps to come in, That also was a main reason for ordering perk#9. I have bought other slingshots from Bill, and have been completely happy with his product.
One question I have, is how to band my SERE? One side is smooth, no groove. Do I need the promised clamps for this, or am I missing a understanding on how to band it?
Any help please

No clamps necessary . Position the fork head with the band groove on the target side of the slingshot . (ie facing the front ) Now simply use an old band strip and wrap and tuck like other slingshots . The hole can be used for attaching tubes or you can attach tubes like the above described method .

I notice this is your first post . Welcome to the forum !

Edited by treefork, 23 February 2017 - 07:02 PM.

#1363 BillyBob

BillyBob
  • Registered
  • 66 posts
  • LocationYorkshire (UK)

Posted 28 February 2017 - 03:00 PM

Ok so i wanted to post an update about my perk:

It turns out that Bill and Daranda had mailed me my slingshot some time ago but the USPS had lost it! Daranda even sent me the tracking information that showed it got to a "Shipping Partner Facility" and then just stopped moving.

As soon as I notified them (by email to the address on the PP website) that I had not recieved my perk yet Daranda figured out what had happend and put another slingshot in the post to me. There were no quibbles or anything!

I recieved the slingshot today when i got home from work. Just 8 days after it was posted! Let me tell you this thing is beautiful! The quality is stunning! I cant wait to get her banded up and start shooting. I can already tell that i will be ordering more from the new pocket predator range.

To sum up: Massively impressed with the product and the serivce i have recieved from pocket predator!!

#1364 Jeffrey Mueller

Jeffrey Mueller
  • Registered
  • 2 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 28 February 2017 - 05:40 PM

Any help please

No clamps necessary . Position the fork head with the band groove on the target side of the slingshot . (ie facing the front ) Now simply use an old band strip and wrap and tuck like other slingshots . The hole can be used for attaching tubes or you can attach tubes like the above described method .

I notice this is your first post . Welcome to the forum !

Thanks for the welcome!

Just saw this post, and I have not had a chance to band it, I appreciate the info, and will do as suggested. Will let you know what happens.

#1365 WindLvr

WindLvr

100 Post Club

• Registered
  • 210 posts
  • LocationErie, PA

Posted 28 February 2017 - 09:14 PM

I received my perk some time ago. I am not happy that the clamps didn't come, but at this point it doesn't matter. I gave all but one of the slingshots away. The only shooter I cared for was the SERE. The rest were just too big for my hands. Nothing I can do about that. I have an original HTS and it is wonderful. The new one seems bigger for some reason. My brother in law loves it, and has taken many of squirrel and rabbit with it already. I also gave him the TAC Hammer as it is just not my style. The Scorpion I hoping will open itself up to the right trade. The SERE is awesome though. I live one and half miles away from lake Erie in Erie, PA. This time of year we are usually buried in snow. Thanks to Mother Nature going through menopause it's been in the 60s here in February!!! Hasn't been like this here since like the 1940s or something like that!!!!! So I have been early rodent control. Yay!!!! I have given up on the clamps. The swizel sticks in the tubing was pretty good though, I will give you that. Sad part is, I talked about 15 people into ordering these perks and this all went wrong. It's not the only IndieGoGo  gone bad though. I lost my money  completely on 2 other campaigns after this. I am done with gambling now. If you have it, I will I order it. If you don't, then I ain't interested.

I worked in the tool and die business for decades. It's too bad this is what it has become.

#1366 treefork

treefork

Focus

• +Member
  • 18,532 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 09 March 2017 - 09:56 PM

Here is the latest video on the project .

#1367 THWACK!

THWACK!

Resident American humorist, magician and faux intellect

• Silver Sponsor Silver Sponsor
  • 1,489 posts
  • LocationUSA, thank you

Posted 11 March 2017 - 07:13 PM

Ánimo Bill¡¡¡ me consta que eres un tipo honrado en los negocios y al que le haya tocado la china pues... mala suerte... también lo siento por ellos pero no duden de que su beneficio llegará y compensará todos los contratiempos...

un saludo a todos los aficionados¡¡

What he said.

#1368 Stixshooter

Stixshooter
  • Registered
  • 17 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 13 March 2017 - 07:45 AM

Hello Bill,

As painful as it may be, would you mind giving us a brief monthly update (even if nothing has changed)? I haven't received a reply yet via personal email so I'm hoping you can let the rest of us who haven't got their perks yet know what's going on—It's not easy waiting either. Thanks!

Edited by Stixshooter, 13 March 2017 - 07:46 AM.

--Click to Remove Ads--