5 replies to this topic

#1 mckee

mckee

2000 Post Club

• Registered
  • 2,938 posts
  • Locationbritain

Posted 23 December 2010 - 01:30 PM

so guy i have just received my new slingshot i am a owner of other slingshots tht are more powerful but any ways i was just wouldering can commercial slingshot kill a pheasant? and on my other post called mallard duck i cannot kill them atm because the pond has frozen but around the pond/lake are some pheasant so can this catty kill?.

#2 Frodo

Frodo

500 Post Club

• Registered
  • 740 posts
  • LocationHamburg- Germany

Posted 23 December 2010 - 03:07 PM

Raw power is not everything, you have to hit a vital-spot.

#3 Sam

Sam

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

• Bronze Sponsor Bronze Sponsor
  • 1,425 posts
  • Location"Great" Britain

Posted 23 December 2010 - 03:18 PM

Raw power is not everything, you have to hit a vital-spot.

Aye, with a nice lead ball I'm sure they have the power, however shot placement is vital...

#4 Nico

Nico

Resigned

• Banned
  • 729 posts
  • LocationResigned

Posted 23 December 2010 - 06:14 PM

If your talking about the standard tube metal frame wrist braced slingshots, yes they can kill as good as the more powerful slingshots.
If you hit the animal in the vitals with the right ammo it will die..

#5 Brewman

Brewman

100 Post Club

• Registered
  • 224 posts
  • LocationNorth Eastern United States

Posted 24 December 2010 - 12:05 AM

If you need more powerful bands contact Bill Herriman. I am sure you will be satisified. Flatbands shoot faster in the cold than tubes, but cold will cut down performance. As others have stated you need a solid hit, a glancing blow won't do what you want. A good solid hit to a vital spot will speed up the prossess. I would also recommend lead balls or at least steel, lead being the best.

so guy i have just received my new slingshot i am a owner of other slingshots tht are more powerful but any ways i was just wouldering can commercial slingshot kill a pheasant? and on my other post called mallard duck i cannot kill them atm because the pond has frozen but around the pond/lake are some pheasant so can this catty kill?.

#6 mckee

mckee

2000 Post Club

• Registered
  • 2,938 posts
  • Locationbritain

Posted 24 December 2010 - 08:03 AM

thanks for the advice guys u have really helped!!!!

--Click to Remove Ads--