#1 SimpleShot

SimpleShot

500 Post Club

• Vendors Supporting Vendor
  • 501 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina, USA

Posted 24 November 2014 - 07:55 PM

POPULAR

Finally, after nearly a year of design and tooling, the Torque slingshot is here for all.  Enough talk, check out the photos and if it strikes your fancy, you can get them here... and they are on sale through Christmas day 2014.  

torque-4_1024x1024.jpg?v=1416659962torque_1024x1024.jpg?v=1416659962

Edited by Simple Shot, 24 November 2014 - 07:56 PM.

#2 e~shot

e~shot

~Pouch Maker~

• Gold Sponsor Gold Sponsor
  • 15,471 posts
  • LocationSri Lanka

Posted 24 November 2014 - 08:02 PM

Just got a simple shot mail about Torque, looks like a compact, lightweight and tough slingshot!

#3 bigron

bigron

WHO???

• 4,272 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 24 November 2014 - 08:03 PM

Nathan you came up with another amazing product

#4 SimpleShot

SimpleShot

500 Post Club

• 501 posts

Posted 24 November 2014 - 08:15 PM

Nathan you came up with another amazing product

I can't take all the credit, I had the help of an incredibly talented engineer and slingshot enthusiast who goes by the name of Tremoside in this parts.

#5 ghost0311/8541

ghost0311/8541

3000 Post Club

• Registered
  • 3,022 posts
  • LocationUS MARINE, HUNTER ,BACKWOODSMAN , IN FLORIDA

Posted 24 November 2014 - 08:31 PM

Looks good.

#6 Blade

Blade

250 Post Club

• 412 posts
  • LocationNorthern IL. America

Posted 24 November 2014 - 08:39 PM

That looks awesome. On the must have list for sure.

Edited by Blade, 24 November 2014 - 08:39 PM.

#7 Susi

Susi

500 Post Club

• 660 posts
  • LocationThe splendor of the high Andes of southern Ecuador, 9,000ft elev

Posted 24 November 2014 - 08:42 PM

I can't understand where an injection molded polycarbonate SS would cost more than two times more than a Tru Mark aircraft aluminum folder with wrist brace to assure alignment and comfort of draw, with ammo stash. Could youi clear me up on that? No offense, just have that question.  I hope you do well with them and they include bands/pouch for that price of $25, right?  Similar articles injection molded of polycarbonate (lexan) sell for a few dollars USD. What have I missed?  Just asking questions, not meaning to torque anyone off or offend at all... :hmm:

Chuck

Edited by Susi, 24 November 2014 - 08:48 PM.

#8 Blade

Blade

250 Post Club

• 412 posts
  • LocationNorthern IL. America

Posted 24 November 2014 - 09:02 PM

The dies to make them aren't free. Then there's material costs. The fact that its made in the U.S. and not China so labor is more. The design itself has value.

I personally think its a great price.

#9 SimpleShot

SimpleShot

500 Post Club

• 501 posts

Posted 24 November 2014 - 09:29 PM

I can't understand where an injection molded polycarbonate SS would cost more than two times more than a Tru Mark aircraft aluminum folder with wrist brace to assure alignment and comfort of draw, with ammo stash. Could youi clear me up on that? No offense, just have that question.  I hope you do well with them and they include bands/pouch for that price of $25, right?  Similar articles injection molded of polycarbonate (lexan) sell for a few dollars USD. What have I missed?  Just asking questions, not meaning to torque anyone off or offend at all... :hmm:

Chuck

I figured you of all folks would understand economies of scale.  When we move into big box stores and sell 100,000+ per year, I have no doubts we can reduce our sales prices considerably.  Those pesky things like liability insurance and doing business in a litigious society while keeping jobs in America tend to drive up costs for small niche businesses. If a wire frame trumark satisfies your needs you are in luck.  No sweat Chuck, our products are not mass produced, big box store slingshots and are subsequently not priced as such.

#10 M.J

M.J

Six of one/ Half dozen of the other

• Moderators Moderators
  • 7,612 posts
  • LocationIndiana, USA

Posted 24 November 2014 - 09:51 PM

Chuck

So you're not much of a shooter, eh?
This is the kind of question that someone who doesn't really shoot would ask.
You ever notice how none of the serious shooters around here shoot Trumarks or Daisys or Marksmans? It's not because we haven't tried them or because we insist on pocketability. It's because they suck. So do laser slingshots. They're horrible to shoot, regardless of their perceived superiority based on factors that don't actually matter. If they worked, we'd use them. They don't.
This does. I have one. I've actually shot it. I wouldn't trade it for a truck full of Trumarks.

#11 Susi

Susi

500 Post Club

• 660 posts

Posted 24 November 2014 - 10:01 PM

Bulk polycarbonate pellets for injection range up to about $1.44/kg (2.2 pounds)

#12 SimpleShot

SimpleShot

500 Post Club

• 501 posts

Posted 24 November 2014 - 10:09 PM

Thanks for the info susi

#13 Susi

Susi

500 Post Club

• 660 posts

Posted 24 November 2014 - 10:11 PM

actually, I shoot about 1000 rds a week. I make my own SSs but my tru mark which was stolen with my car and never recovered shot as well as any. The idea is to comfortably hit the target. Nothing more. If you have comfort and reasonable accuracy that's the object. My Tru Mark folding wrist support SS did all that. Among my collection I also have a Marksman I bought for a pittance from a fellow American here in Ecuador who was leaving. It shoots as well as any also.

I didn't want to incite ire, just ask a question which begged an answer. If you would rather not deliver a justifiable answer then that's your business. I fully realize the costs of making molds, employing in a G7 country...insurance, wages, benefits etc. and those costs transfer to UK, Australia and yes USA where polycarbonate products are made ALSO with high employment costs.

I wished you well and hoped you sell a lot of these little plastics. It's good profit and what's wrong with that? Nothing. The idea is to profit when selling anything...buy low, sell high...the overall principle of business. Correct?

Please don't take things so personally, I'll refrain from asking logical questions on this forum if the monitors like, kindly email me if so and I'll gladly comply...my world does not revolve around it. My lifelong hobby of slingshots isn't at stake here. LOL. At least Simple Shot is not selling a bag of bolts and nuts like one poster is for NASA contract prices. Just one question more, can your slingshots be used as plastic tent pegs?

Edited by Susi, 24 November 2014 - 10:13 PM.

#14 Imperial

Imperial

HOBBYIST-SOPHOMORIC-JACKA$$

• Registered
  • 8,180 posts
  • LocationHELLPERIAL, MEXIFORNIA

Posted 24 November 2014 - 10:13 PM

someone is going to mod a blade into that handle, if i could, i know i would see if it possible 

edit: i forgot, sweet looking slingshot !

Edited by Imperial, 24 November 2014 - 10:14 PM.

#15 Cjw

Cjw

1000 Post Club

• Gold Sponsor Gold Sponsor
  • 1,756 posts
  • LocationCalif

Posted 24 November 2014 - 10:29 PM

The price is a great price. It's a drop in the bucket. It's a great looking slingshot Nathan. Some people think you should just give give stuff away. If they were trying to run their own business and stay in business they would think different.

Edited by Cjw, 24 November 2014 - 10:36 PM.

#16 NaturalFork

NaturalFork

No other shooting sport compares.

• Bronze Sponsor Bronze Sponsor
  • 6,270 posts
  • LocationNew Hampshire

Posted 25 November 2014 - 12:00 AM

I love it. I need it. Buying it. Now ... Green or black .. that is the hard part.

To be honest ... I might have been one of those guys who picked it up the "wrong" way. I will see how I like it once I order mine.

Edited by NaturalFork, 25 November 2014 - 12:08 AM.

#17 NaturalFork

NaturalFork

No other shooting sport compares.

• Bronze Sponsor Bronze Sponsor
  • 6,270 posts
  • LocationNew Hampshire

Posted 25 November 2014 - 12:05 AM

Chuck

I feel that the price of this is extremely fair. If you take into consideration all the r&d and materials etc. ... Plus if you have never ordered from Simple-Shot let me tell you that the quality of the package you are sent is far superior to most.

Don't get me wrong .. I like the Trumark stuff too (MJ why the hate?) But the cost of these are more than justified. I was actually a little shocked when I saw the price.

#18 SmilingFury

SmilingFury

Ninja Pirate 007 Sasquatch

• Registered
  • 2,740 posts
  • LocationStill evading capture...

Posted 25 November 2014 - 12:14 AM

I was reading through this thread and when I went onto simple-shot.com, I saw it was a very reasonable price.

I think it is a great value for the money. Good luck with it Nathan! I am sure it will be a popular model. Looks & function. Sweet deal.

Oh and Chuck, you could have sent the man a pm if an answer to your question was all you really wanted. You had to grandstand and try to make Simpleshot look greedy or something just because you prefer a cheap slingshot. I am sorry you lost your slingshot, and your car actually, but you certainly can find more offensive or abusive people to save the public from than Nathan. I have found his prices to be quite competitive across a wide range of products for our sport.
So you think this item is overpriced based on your knowledge and experience. Fair enough. Let's cut to the chase and keep the hairpulling and scratching out of it.

I have an idea...

SOMEONE PUT CHUCK'S NAME DOWN ON THE "$25 IS WAY TOO MUCH FOR MY TASTE" LIST!!!

There, got you covered Chuck. Now everybody is happy.

Be well,
SF

Ps: sorry for the mini-hijack Nathan but I think I stayed close enough to topic.

#19 DogBox

DogBox

500 Post Club

• Silver Sponsor Silver Sponsor
  • 550 posts
  • LocationAust.

Posted 25 November 2014 - 12:24 AM

Bulk polycarbonate pellets for injection range up to about $1.44/kg (2.2 pounds)

I think you forgot to mention how much the mould costs you pour that stuff into to get your product. Priced one lately...? 

DB

#20 ryguy27

ryguy27

500 Post Club

• 516 posts
  • LocationCalifornia, USA

Posted 25 November 2014 - 01:35 AM

I knew I saw some tremoside in there! Great collaboration, two heads are better than one!
I agree with imperial, it's begging for a knife modification.

I love it. I need it. Buying it. Now ... Green or black .. that is the hard part.

https://m.youtube.co...h?v=vgk-lA12FBk

--Click to Remove Ads--