H_Talon
  • Registered
  • 5 posts
  • LocationSocal

Posted 02 November 2010 - 11:34 PM

Hi Guys ...

I'd like to do some indoor shooting what do ya'll suggest for
a range/backstop. maybe something I can even take outdoors
that will catch the lead and steel projectiles :-)

maybe even a few pic's of what ya'll use ..

Thanks All ...

and thanks to Bill Hays for selling me my first slingshot
since my old wrist-rocket I bought decades ago ...

Talon

#2 Hrawk

Hrawk

Hedonistic Decedance

• Gold Sponsor Gold Sponsor
  • 6,391 posts
  • LocationNSW Australia

Posted 02 November 2010 - 11:44 PM

Hi there :)

I just finished making an indoor box --> http://slingshotforu...irst-slingshot/

I tried just packing it full of cardboard first, but I quickly discovered that ammo would lodge in the hole and following shots were ricocheting off the buried rounds.

I then added the pvc tubing to add a gap between the front target and the backstop. This gives a nice satisfying sound as the ammo penetrates the cardboard. Using BB's i have a single piece of cardboard in front, using heavier 10mm ammo, I have 2.

I added a piece of carpet, backed by a 3cm piece of foam. Without the foam behind, I found the heavier lead balls were punching holes in the carpet. The rest of the space is taken up by more cardboard cut to shape. When the front target gets too full of holes, I swap it with one of the new pieces in the back.

Ignoring the 10 minutes it took me to run down the store and buy the pvc tube and fittings, the whole thing took about 25-30 mins to make. Size was dictated by what scrap I had availiable.

I intend on making another soon, that has in interior dimension the same as A3 paper for easy targets.

#3 ERdept

ERdept

500 Post Club

• Registered
  • 529 posts
  • LocationLA, California

Posted 02 November 2010 - 11:45 PM

A wooden box, with carpet scraps in it. I have a box with a slot on the front that a clipboard can slide into. You can print out paper targets and put it on the box and change out the targets on the clipboard.

The carpet scraps are cheap.

The box kit I bought from Archer airguns and fill with "Ballistic Putty" (duct seal), and carpet scraps for slinghot...............

http://www.archerair...et-trap-s/6.htm

#4 NoSugarRob

NoSugarRob

Resigned

• Banned
  • 2,855 posts
  • LocationEngland UK

Posted 03 November 2010 - 10:34 AM

i

Edited by NoSugarRob, 19 August 2011 - 01:39 PM.

--Click to Remove Ads--