Close
--Click to Remove Ads--
Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

THE Tubes vs. Flats Thread

• Please log in to reply
210 replies to this topic

Poll: Bands or tubes? (394 member(s) have cast votes)

What do you prefer on you slingshots, bands or tubes?

1. Bands (227 votes [60.86%])

Percentage of vote: 60.86%

2. Tubes (146 votes [39.14%])

Percentage of vote: 39.14%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 newconvert

newconvert

4000+ Post Club

• Gold Sponsor Gold Sponsor
  • 5,252 posts
  • Locationdenver, co.

Posted 06 April 2012 - 07:50 PM

This two choices does not represent the whole rainbow of elastic used with slingshots. I use tubes, but because there is nothing better where Iive. I think that what ever works for you is the correct choice. Saludos.

2nd!

#22 Jakerock

Jakerock

TeamPFS

• Bronze Sponsor Bronze Sponsor
  • 948 posts
  • LocationNew York, NY

Posted 20 April 2012 - 09:00 PM

Both.... get it? I mean, do you understand why this is funny, or???
:stupidcomp: :banghead:

Posted Image

#23 KennyCannon

KennyCannon

Resigned

• Resigned
  • 275 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 20 April 2012 - 10:01 PM

I've only used bands but I'm thinking of giving tubes a shot over the summer.

#24 crazymike

crazymike

100 Post Club

• Registered
  • 166 posts
  • Locationpa

Posted 22 April 2012 - 02:53 AM

Flatbands because you can custom cut to shoot and match any kind of ammo you can think of steel any size candy,stones,lead,rabbit droppings,fruit,nuts,marbles, clay balls ,golf balls,marshmallows, and,and,and I think it matters what the ammo is . Tubes go flat when you draw it back anyway.

#25 sniper62

sniper62
  • 63 posts
  • LocationDallas,Ga

Posted 17 May 2012 - 06:43 PM

Tubes,I like the ability to swap out different sets in seconds.

#26 Performance Catapults

Performance Catapults

Eliminate the Variables!

• Silver Sponsor Silver Sponsor
  • 1,713 posts
  • LocationKentucky *USA*

Posted 26 May 2012 - 12:10 PM

Tubes,I like the ability to swap out different sets in seconds.

Yeah...

#27 NaturalFork

NaturalFork

No other shooting sport compares.

• 6,289 posts
  • LocationNew Hampshire

Posted 26 May 2012 - 09:42 PM

Revisiting this one tonight. I shoot everything. I like everything. I shoot 107s more than anything these days it seems like. I think I am just lazy.

#28 AJW

AJW

500 Post Club

• 640 posts
  • LocationPanama Rep. De Panama

Posted 31 May 2012 - 10:08 PM

My preference is bands, but they have such a short life span I'm quickly switching to tubes. With all the information and stats that Henry has provided, it's much easier to get a "fit" qickly and makes them more enjoyable.

Sunday night I made a set of bands, on Monday morning after about ten shots, they broke and so did I. Sure I may have put a nick in them or made one of the other dozens of fatal errors, but I don't care, they broke ... again, yet once again. Tube are forgiving to cluts shooters like me and they eliminate the hundreds of little things that can turn a nice band set into pouch tying material, and you don't have to make six sets at a time every ten days.

On top of all that, if you shoot them at max, they die quicker. Well, I just worked myself into a lather, good time to quit.

Was that a rant?

Face Plant.png

#29 newconvert

newconvert

4000+ Post Club

• 5,252 posts
  • Locationdenver, co.

Posted 31 May 2012 - 10:28 PM

My preference is bands, but they have such a short life span I'm quickly switching to tubes. With all the information and stats that Henry has provided, it's much easier to get a "fit" qickly and makes them more enjoyable.

Sunday night I made a set of bands, on Monday morning after about ten shots, they broke and so did I. Sure I may have put a nick in them or made one of the other dozens of fatal errors, but I don't care, they broke ... again, yet once again. Tube are forgiving to cluts shooters like me and they eliminate the hundreds of little things that can turn a nice band set into pouch tying material, and you don't have to make six sets at a time every ten days.

On top of all that, if you shoot them at max, they die quicker. Well, I just worked myself into a lather, good time to quit.

Was that a rant?

Face Plant.png

:violin: :rofl:

#30 crapshot

crapshot

500 Post Club

• Registered
  • 607 posts
  • Locationmichigan

Posted 01 June 2012 - 05:01 AM

just ordered a 50 ft roll of texs tubes

#31 newconvert

newconvert

4000+ Post Club

• 5,252 posts
  • Locationdenver, co.

Posted 01 June 2012 - 07:06 AM

just ordered a 50 ft roll of texs tubes

you are going to get on the tube bandwagon once you begin using the tubes, they are very fast, but strong for the easy pull.

#32 Berkshire bred

Berkshire bred

750 Post Club

• Registered
  • 848 posts
  • Locationberkshire england

Posted 22 June 2012 - 04:49 PM

i started of using bands because they are less powerful so this is better for a beginer but now i hunt as well as target shoot so it is flat bands all the way.

#33 Henry the Hermit

Henry the Hermit

Geezer Gang

• Moderators Moderators
  • 4,638 posts
  • LocationGeneva, Texas / Panama

Posted 22 June 2012 - 05:55 PM

Was that a rant?

Face Plant.png

We need to get together, Allen. I plan to cast some balls this weekend and maybe we can have a shoot next week. I'm shooting tubes almost exclusively these days. BTW, 7.5 mm lead is good for 300+ fps with 1842 tubes. They are a blast.

#34 kingmurphy

kingmurphy

100 Post Club

• 171 posts
  • Locationmanchester

Posted 23 June 2012 - 11:12 AM

both would be handy as i hunt with flats but plink with tubes thanks

Alexander .s. Howson

#35 AJW

AJW

500 Post Club

• 640 posts
  • LocationPanama Rep. De Panama

Posted 23 June 2012 - 07:33 PM

Was that a rant?

Face Plant.png

We need to get together, Allen. I plan to cast some balls this weekend and maybe we can have a shoot next week. I'm shooting tubes almost exclusively these days. BTW, 7.5 mm lead is good for 300+ fps with 1842 tubes. They are a blast.

Scare me some more Henry, I am up for shooting some targets and some BS. Glad to hear your going to cast some balls. My new mantra is "Seven point five equals three hundred". I'll call you.

#36 NaturalFork

NaturalFork

No other shooting sport compares.

• 6,289 posts
  • LocationNew Hampshire

Posted 23 June 2012 - 09:51 PM

I have been rocking the 107s for a while now .... but I like them all

#37 faca

faca

100 Post Club

• Registered
  • 207 posts

Posted 03 September 2012 - 02:47 PM

now as far as I know I prefer bands over tubes, the only thing tubes win is they last longer for my use of course.

#38 faca

faca

100 Post Club

• Registered
  • 207 posts

Posted 03 September 2012 - 11:25 PM

now as far as I know I prefer bands over tubes, the only thing tubes win is they last longer for my use of course.

#39 Adirondack Kyle

Adirondack Kyle

Adirondack Kyle

• 1,036 posts
  • LocationUpstate NY

Posted 09 September 2012 - 04:36 PM

I didnt even know about flats until i joined the forum, i was stuck with the huge saunders tubes that would give me a backache for a week after shooting, so for me, i like flats, i really wanna try tex tubes though!!

#40 39699661

• 21 posts
  • LocationShanghai, China

Posted 23 September 2012 - 01:03 AM

I could not found bands with high quality.

So my choice is tube. Not fast but have long life and small sound(very usefull when hunting)

--Click to Remove Ads--