51 replies to this topic

#41 Charles

Charles

4000+ Post Club

• Moderators Moderators
  • 10,740 posts
  • LocationBritish Columbia

Posted 26 June 2016 - 10:12 AM

Hello  :wave: from sunny Finland (31°C  :aahhhh: )

attachicon.gifIMG_0645.jpg

Now its time to try to get my Match Lighter Badge  :)

Not hit on first shot but anyway...

Thanks to pocketpredator.com for selling strike anywhere matches to Finland and Genoa Slingshot for pushing me to do this  :devil:

Well done!!! I will put in for your badge.

Cheers ...... Charles

#42 Kalevala

Kalevala

250 Post Club

• Registered
  • 406 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 26 June 2016 - 11:28 AM

Thanks Charles  :)

#43 Genoa Slingshot

Genoa Slingshot

Italian Match Lighter

• Registered
  • 977 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 26 June 2016 - 01:08 PM

Thanks Charles  :)

Great job Kal!!!
Very nice shot and slomo! :)

#44 Georges Gaggo

Georges Gaggo
  • +Member
  • 57 posts
  • LocationLovely Basel at the river Rhine in Switzerland

Posted 14 November 2016 - 06:30 PM

Hi Charles

I apply with the linked video for the card cutter badge :woot:

I striated this bastard four times (with the third, fourth, seventh and eighth shot - without even noting it) before cutting it through with the ninth one. I hope everything is right with that, since the cut is about 2cm higher than the first hit which didn't cut at all (so the first hit didn't help the second one). 

Please find the video here: https://youtu.be/rpyg5zUEhl0

thanks again and have good time over there

greetings from Switzerland

ggaggo

PS: and this time I don't post my half dozen of failure videos; hitting but not cutting the card :banghead:

PPS: my card cutter slingshot (a rusty one).

card cutter slingshot.JPG

Edited by Georges Gaggo, 14 November 2016 - 06:46 PM.

#45 Charles

Charles

4000+ Post Club

• Moderators Moderators
  • 10,740 posts

Posted 14 November 2016 - 09:02 PM

Hi Charles

I striated this bastard four times (with the third, fourth, seventh and eighth shot - without even noting it) before cutting it through with the ninth one. I hope everything is right with that, since the cut is about 2cm higher than the first hit which didn't cut at all (so the first hit didn't help the second one). 

ggaggo

PS: and this time I don't post my half dozen of failure videos; hitting but not cutting the card :banghead:

attachicon.gifcard cutter slingshot.JPG

STRICTLY speaking, according to the rules, this should not count, since the card was damaged by a previous shot. HOWEVER, going by the spirit of the rules, I am inclined to count this one. Your mirror setup was excellent, so we could see everything very well. Your cutting shot was above the damaged spot, and it was very clear from the video that it was a clean cut, not helped at all by that earlier shot. Frankly, I was even surprised that the cutting shot did not just rip the card at the previously damaged spot. You obviously hit the card very well and had good velocity. It was a clean cut ... I could not ask for more. I will put in for your badge.

Cheers .... Charles

#46 Genoa Slingshot

Genoa Slingshot

Italian Match Lighter

• Registered
  • 977 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 15 November 2016 - 02:05 AM

Hi Charles

ggaggo

Congratulation mate! Nice shooting and nice happiness scream!!! :)

#47 Georges Gaggo

Georges Gaggo
  • +Member
  • 57 posts

Posted 15 November 2016 - 04:49 AM

Hi Charles

ggaggo

STRICTLY speaking, according to the rules, this should not count, since the card was damaged by a previous shot. HOWEVER, going by the spirit of the rules, I am inclined to count this one. Your mirror setup was excellent, so we could see everything very well. Your cutting shot was above the damaged spot, and it was very clear from the video that it was a clean cut, not helped at all by that earlier shot. Frankly, I was even surprised that the cutting shot did not just rip the card at the previously damaged spot. You obviously hit the card very well and had good velocity. It was a clean cut ... I could not ask for more. I will put in for your badge.

Cheers .... Charles

thanks Charles. in fact I hoped very much that you would juge it this way and I'm very happy now that you did so.

have a nice day (btw: are you a early bird? here it's 11:45 - so over there it must be a **** early in the morning).

ggaggo

#48 Georges Gaggo

Georges Gaggo
  • +Member
  • 57 posts

Posted 15 November 2016 - 04:56 AM

Hi Charles

Please find the video here:

ggaggo

Congratulation mate! Nice shooting and nice happiness scream!!! :)

thanks Marco. and yes, when discovering the clean cut I was really happy since I had a few not (resp. only half) successfull tries before hitting the card - but not cutting it through.

#49 Kalevala

Kalevala

250 Post Club

• Registered
  • 406 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 15 November 2016 - 10:58 AM

Congratulations Gaggo  :thumbsup:

#50 Charles

Charles

4000+ Post Club

• Moderators Moderators
  • 10,740 posts

Posted 15 November 2016 - 11:51 AM

Hi Charles

ggaggo

Cheers .... Charles

thanks Charles. in fact I hoped very much that you would juge it this way and I'm very happy now that you did so.

have a nice day (btw: are you a early bird? here it's 11:45 - so over there it must be a **** early in the morning).

ggaggo

No ... I am definitely not an early bird now! I used to get up at 5 AM, but since I quit work some 12 years ago, I now do not get up until 8:30 AM. That is one of the very few benefits of getting old ... I get to sleep as late as I want.

Cheers .... Charles

#51 Kalevala

Kalevala

250 Post Club

• Registered
  • 406 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 19 February 2017 - 02:58 AM

I really hope, that everything in my Gambler shot - video is ok and I don't have to start Gambler shot season 2  :rofl:

For me this was same time pain and pleasure   :banghead:

Edited by Kalevala, 19 February 2017 - 03:02 AM.

#52 Genoa Slingshot

Genoa Slingshot

Italian Match Lighter

• Registered
  • 977 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 19 February 2017 - 04:16 PM

Great shot mate!!!
I'm happy for you!!!
Welcome in the club!!!
No more gambler video ahahah :rofl:

--Click to Remove Ads--