Close
--Click to Remove Ads--
Photo
- - - - -

How many hours do you practice per week?

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

Poll: How many hours do you practice per week? (33 member(s) have cast votes)

How many hours do you practice per week?

1. 1-5 (18 votes [54.55%])

Percentage of vote: 54.55%

2. 5-10 (9 votes [27.27%])

Percentage of vote: 27.27%

3. 10-15 (6 votes [18.18%])

Percentage of vote: 18.18%

4. 15-20 (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

5. 20-25 (0 votes [0.00%])

6. 25+ (0 votes [0.00%])

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 dannytsg

dannytsg

250 Post Club

• Registered
  • 265 posts
  • LocationRochdale, Manchester, England

Posted 05 July 2013 - 03:29 PM

As per the title. For me it's 10-15 hours per week.

#2 Jaximus

Jaximus

The Ghost Who Walks

• Registered
  • 1,120 posts
  • LocationIllinois, USA

Posted 05 July 2013 - 03:48 PM

I voted 1-5. I've found that if I shoot too much at once everything just goes to **** in a handbag. I'll usually hobble out to my catchbox a couple times a day and fire maybe 50 or 100 rounds, then call it. If I do especially well my first 20 shots or so I'll end it right then. Since I've started doing this I've noticed that my cold shots have improved drastically. I used to start with 6-8 fliers and then bring it in. Now I'm pretty much on from my first shot.

That's just what works for me, though. I think it has a lot to do with only being able to keep my concentration for a limited number of shots. Once I've got all the muscle memory down I won't have to concentrate so much on the little stuff and I'll probably be able to shoot longer/more often. 

#3 PorkChopSling

PorkChopSling

2000 Post Club

• Silver Sponsor Silver Sponsor
  • 2,943 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 05 July 2013 - 04:17 PM

I try to get out for about 2 hours everyday and 2-4 hours on the weekend depending on what's going on and who is over. I grill most every night and I now time my meat flipping to how many shoots placed.

#4 ruthiexxxx

ruthiexxxx

2000 Post Club

• Gold Sponsor Gold Sponsor
  • 2,041 posts
  • LocationAndalucia

Posted 05 July 2013 - 09:46 PM

I've gone for 10 to 15 though it's very hard to estimate. I only shoot in the long corridor of the apartment and I pass along it many times a day usually having a few shots. Whenever I make tea or coffee for The Man then I spend the time waiting for the kettle to boil chucking a few leads or arrows from SS and slingbows

#5 GrayWolf

GrayWolf

2000 Post Club

• Silver Sponsor Silver Sponsor
  • 2,099 posts
  • LocationIowa

Posted 05 July 2013 - 10:26 PM

I voted for the 5 to 10 hours.  Most of my time shooting is on my weekends (Tuesdays an Wednesdays).  I'm alone at the house and I shoot in between running errands and working around the house.  I don't get much time the rest of the week as I get home late and the neighbors don't want to hear me shooting at all hours of the night and my wife doesn't like the late night noise either.

Todd

#6 M.J

M.J

Six of one/ Half dozen of the other

• Moderators Moderators
  • 6,275 posts
  • LocationIndiana, USA

Posted 06 July 2013 - 07:36 AM

In the fall of 2011 and spring of 2012, before I went back to work during the day and was home with the baby, I would go out for as much as 3hrs a day. Now I strive for an hour or two a day, nearly every day.

No doubt about it, though- more practice makes for better shooting. I feel like I really figured out how to shoot over those few months and I laid down a baseline level of good shooting that I never dip below now, no matter how long I take off from shooting.

#7 Mr.Teh

Mr.Teh

3000 Post Club

• Registered
  • 3,746 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 08 July 2013 - 01:01 PM

The last time i shoot every evening a good hour, until the mosquitoes annoy me :)

#8 mopper

mopper

250 Post Club

• Registered
  • 303 posts
  • LocationErding, near Munich, Germany

Posted 14 July 2013 - 05:48 AM

Today I shot again for the first time in several weeks ... and was better than when I practiced regularly. Can't make head or tail of it ...

#9 GHT

GHT

1000 Post Club

• Registered
  • 1,112 posts
  • LocationENGLAND

Posted 14 July 2013 - 11:50 AM

I get in about 30 mins a day, in lil five min bursts when out walking the dogs

#10 dannytsg

dannytsg

250 Post Club

• Registered
  • 265 posts
  • LocationRochdale, Manchester, England

Posted 14 July 2013 - 12:52 PM

I get in about 30 mins a day, in lil five min bursts when out walking the dogs

I'm the same. If i'm not in the garden I'll take one of my catty's out with me when walking the dogs.

#11 Portland Stumpy

Portland Stumpy
  • Registered
  • 42 posts
  • LocationPortland OR

Posted 16 July 2013 - 04:30 PM

1 to 5, for me. I need to practice more!

#12 HarryBee

HarryBee

100 Post Club

• Registered
  • 157 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 27 July 2013 - 05:13 AM

A couple of hours every day, some aiming with marbles and some 'instinctive' with pebbles. Always shooting in the woods. Harry

#13 reset

reset

750 Post Club

• Registered
  • 779 posts
  • LocationAlberta Canada

Posted 27 July 2013 - 08:26 AM

I go for a walk in the woods/bush at least 3 times a week picking off leaves,weeds and tree stumps etc. 

#14 CCHGN

CCHGN

100 Post Club

• Registered
  • 158 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 19 October 2013 - 11:43 AM

1-5, but I have a crappy ( homemade bent wire & tube)SS. I'm sure when I get a better SS( ordered one and am making a couple), I'll want to practice more.

I have to say, as a long time gun shooter, this is a heck of lot easier and quieter( and cheaper) to do....lol  IMo, the set-up is so easy, there's no excuse to not shoot.

Also,, for me, it's the same with guns, arrows or SS: perfect practice makes perfect.  IMO, it's better to have short perfect practices, than long, imperfect (learning bad habits) practices.

--Click to Remove Ads--