9 replies to this topic

#1 Charles

Charles

4000+ Post Club

• Moderators Moderators
  • 7,635 posts
  • LocationBritish Columbia

Posted 05 July 2013 - 12:48 PM

I was sitting here at my desk, wasting a bit of time cruising the Forum, and Zulu went to the front door and tried to tear it down ... His job is to guard the house, and he is very, very good at it. The postal delivery guy (a new one) was just sprinting up the walk away from the house when I opened the door. He just pointed at the porch next to the door and kept on trucking. There, next to the door was a box. The return address on the box indicated that it came from Jack Koehler.

I am the very lucky owner of two King Cat starships. One is just as issued. On the other I have put an extension, and that is what I have used for my Power Rangers shoots. I also have a lovely Flat Cat Pro. I cannot say enough good about these slingshots. They are just so well made, and completely functional. When you pick one up, your confidence just goes up several notches, as these are professional tools meant to get the job done. Now, I really admire the artistic creativity and superb workmanship of a great many of you. But I have to say that Jack's slingshots are just in a class by themselves. They possess an elegant simplicity that just cries out "Use Me"!

Back to the box ... I did not recall having ordered anything from Jack recently, but figured one of my two remaining brain cells must be mis-firing ... again. I opened the box, and this is what I found:

AlleyCatGift.jpg

This is the fantastic Alley Cat which Flatband wrote about:

http://slingshotforu...-kat-slingshot/

And even better, there was a wonderful personal note inside from Jack, telling me that the slingshot and bands are a gift. I treasure that note as much as the slingshot.

Man, I just do not know how to adequately respond. Jack is a FANTASTIC guy ... what more can I say. He makes wonderfully designed slingshots. Not only are his slingshots first class, but so is he.

Jack, THANK YOU soooo much! You are a true treasure. 

Cheers ..... Charles

#2 reset

reset

750 Post Club

• Registered
  • 770 posts
  • LocationAlberta Canada

Posted 05 July 2013 - 01:08 PM

That really cool Charles. Many amazing forum members on here for sure. It just astounds me sometimes compared to other various forums i sometimes go on.

#3 bigron

bigron

2000 Post Club

• Registered
  • 2,048 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 05 July 2013 - 01:56 PM

that is worth checking the mail usually its full of bills and junk

#4 PorkChopSling

PorkChopSling

2000 Post Club

• Silver Sponsor Silver Sponsor
  • 2,875 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 05 July 2013 - 02:39 PM

Awesome Charles!! I just got the king cat from Mr. Koehler and it is fantastic!

#5 harpersgrace

harpersgrace

3000 Post Club

• Registered
  • 3,076 posts
  • LocationNorth East USA

Posted 05 July 2013 - 02:43 PM

Boy you and FB are lucky, those look like a real sweet bit of kit.

#6 BC-Slinger

BC-Slinger

SS3 not quite 4 yet

• Registered
  • 1,249 posts
  • LocationVictoria BC

Posted 05 July 2013 - 04:57 PM

Hmm so he does ship to Canada I wish he would ship me a King Cat.. :naughty:  Congradulations on that beast Charles.

Cheers

BC-Slinger

#7 Flatband

Flatband

3000 Post Club

• Moderators Moderators
  • 3,577 posts
  • LocationNY/NJ Metro Region

Posted 05 July 2013 - 09:22 PM

Class all the way! Congrats Charles! Have fun and be safe!

#8 Dayhiker

Dayhiker

Member, Brotherhood of Slingshot Nutz

• Bronze Sponsor Bronze Sponsor
  • 9,848 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 06 July 2013 - 05:29 AM

That's gonna make you feel like an elite slingshooter whenever you pull it out. Like riding around in a Cadillac.  B)  Nice of Tom, and good for you, Charles. I hope you get lots of joy from it!

#9 natureboy922

natureboy922
  • Registered
  • 99 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 06 July 2013 - 07:40 AM

Can opener I finally got those pics up on new commer.

#10 Charles

Charles

4000+ Post Club

• Moderators Moderators
  • 7,635 posts
  • LocationBritish Columbia

Posted 16 July 2013 - 12:30 PM

The mailman delivered another manila envelope from Jack a couple of days ago. The Alley Cat came with O rings to block the slit in the fork tip. Jack's note said that sometimes with really thin tubes, the tubes could force past the O rings. So he included some longer sleeves, just like on his Flat Cat Pro that I have. Now that is the sort of attention to detail and dedication to the sport that makes Jack such a great guy.

I have not had any problem with those O rings, so I am still using them. I find they give an excellent sight picture.

I finally broke the tubes on that Alley Cat, and I replaced them with doubled Alliance File Bands. I used the rig to actually light a match at 10 meters:

http://slingshotforu...kills/?p=315528

Thanks again, Jack ... that is a great piece of kit.

Cheers ..... Charles

--Click to Remove Ads--