• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 plinker45

plinker45
  • Registered
  • 21 posts
  • Locationunited kingdom

Posted 05 July 2013 - 04:49 AM

I,m intrigued by the wrist rocket pro, is it any good and can you make your own band sets for it ?. does anyone shoot one?.thanks. :)

#2 Tex-Shooter

Tex-Shooter

4000+ Post Club

• Vendors Supporting Vendor
  • 4,146 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 05 July 2013 - 07:05 AM

I have had one for almost 9 years and have shot it quite a bit. I think that the forks are a tad narrow, but it shoots well. You can make you own bands for it, but be careful about the rubber hardness. I recommend no more than 2 bands per side of .030 pure fresh latex. I would not use any other rubber on it including Thera-Band because of the variance in hardness of them. After I had had 2 thickness of latex on mine for a couple of years, the clips would no longer hold a single band of .030 latex, so when I shoot a single band set I shim or fold the end. All of Saunders flat band slingshots have this minor problem. The Saunders slingshot that I shoot the best is the Falcon II. The clips do offer fast band change and adjustment on the Saunders flat band slingshots. My LB2000 and LA2000  band sets use use Saunders patented band configuration. Here is a video I made years ago of me shooting a WRP. -- Tex 

#3 plinker45

plinker45
  • Registered
  • 21 posts
  • Locationunited kingdom

Posted 05 July 2013 - 07:10 AM

I have had one for almost 9 years and have shot it quite a bit. I think that the forks are a tad narrow, but it shoots well. You can make you own bands for it, but be careful about the rubber hardness. I recommend no more than 2 bands per side of .030 pure fresh latex. I would not use any other rubber on it including Thera-Band because of the variance in hardness of them. After I had had 2 thickness of latex on mine for a couple of years, the clips would no longer hold a single band of .030 latex, so when I shoot a single band set I shim or fold the end. All of Saunders flat band slingshots have this minor problem. The Saunders slingshot that I shoot the best is the Falcon II. The clips do offer fast band change and adjustment on the Saunders flat band slingshots. My LB2000 and LA2000  band sets use use Saunders patented band configuration. Here is a video I made years ago of me shooting a WRP. -- Tex 

helpful thanks tex.

#4 M.J

M.J

Six of one/ Half dozen of the other

• Moderators Moderators
  • 6,501 posts
  • LocationIndiana, USA

Posted 05 July 2013 - 07:18 AM

I have a WRP and shoot pretty well with it. I don't shoot it all that often because it won't fit in my pocket (even though I do most of my shooting in the back yard...) but I enjoy it for a change of pace.

If you get one you'll probably struggle with it at first but keep at it. You'll find it to be a super stable platform for shooting.

#5 harpersgrace

harpersgrace

3000 Post Club

• Registered
  • 3,088 posts
  • LocationNorth East USA

Posted 05 July 2013 - 08:16 AM

I have one, I find it to be accurate and stable. I would shoot it more but as MJ said it is a bit bulky and I live in a no wristbrace state.

#6 plinker45

plinker45
  • Registered
  • 21 posts
  • Locationunited kingdom

Posted 05 July 2013 - 12:54 PM

I have one, I find it to be accurate and stable. I would shoot it more but as MJ said it is a bit bulky and I live in a no wristbrace state.

ok thanks

#7 johnny test

johnny test
  • Registered
  • 18 posts
  • Locationmiami

Posted 05 June 2014 - 11:22 AM

There is one confident man, shooting so close to his car. ha ha.

#8 slinger61

slinger61
  • Registered
  • 21 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 06 June 2014 - 06:20 AM

Saunders archery makes weird slingshots. I have the Hawk model and like it, but its still weird. The WRP is even weirder. I have triple Theraband gold bands with a leather pouch on my hawk. The clips hold it fine but I modified the way the bands are placed. Saunders pouches are an abomination. And forget about putting any Saunders in your back pocket, even the Hawk. If you want funky...get the WRP.

#9 oldmiser

oldmiser

OldMiser

• +Member
  • 2,120 posts
  • LocationOHIO-USA

Posted 06 June 2014 - 06:43 AM

If your going to buy a wrist rocket pro..then buy the saunders....you can't go wrong there..~AKAOldmiser

#10 M.J

M.J

Six of one/ Half dozen of the other

• Moderators Moderators
  • 6,501 posts
  • LocationIndiana, USA

Posted 06 June 2014 - 08:51 AM

There is one confident man, shooting so close to his car. ha ha.

Tex could shoot through the open windows of his car from 20yds without breaking a sweat :target:

#11 Rob72

Rob72
  • Registered
  • 5 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 06 June 2014 - 10:35 AM

:what: Are you getting the State-mandated injections of estrogen yet...?

Edited by Rob72, 06 June 2014 - 10:36 AM.

#12 slinger61

slinger61
  • Registered
  • 21 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 21 June 2014 - 01:49 PM

At least they're not illegal to possess like in NJ. I still cannot believe the arrogance of NJ legislators. The Founding Fathers would have spit on them.

#13 NaturalFork

NaturalFork

Shooting a slingshot is the greatest form of meditation.

• Bronze Sponsor Bronze Sponsor
  • 5,644 posts
  • LocationNew Hampshire

Posted 21 June 2014 - 01:58 PM

I have one. I like Saunders stuff. But I like shooting the Falcon 2 a bit more than the WRP.

--Click to Remove Ads--