18 replies to this topic

#1 Vetryan15

Vetryan15

500 Post Club

• Registered
  • 585 posts
  • LocationNJ/PA

Posted 04 July 2013 - 05:41 PM

I have been searching on www.slimgshotsusa.com and been looking at the blowguns. Alot of people have suggested the cold steel big bore. Well before I commit to that one. I was looking at smaller ones, just to c if I would really like it. I was curious on that site, which would b the best for $25 and under? I am not familiar with the brands and am looking for input.
Thanks
Ryan

#2 Vetryan15

Vetryan15

500 Post Club

• Registered
  • 585 posts
  • LocationNJ/PA

Posted 04 July 2013 - 05:42 PM

www.slingshotsusa.com

#3 NaturalFork

NaturalFork

Shooting a slingshot is the greatest form of meditation.

• Bronze Sponsor Bronze Sponsor
  • 5,344 posts
  • LocationNew Hampshire

Posted 04 July 2013 - 06:01 PM

I would personally get this one. http://www.slingshot...wgun-black.html

The big bore is nice .. but if you needed something bigger you could always make one .. they work just as well. 

#4 Vetryan15

Vetryan15

500 Post Club

• Registered
  • 585 posts
  • LocationNJ/PA

Posted 04 July 2013 - 07:55 PM

Would it be better for me to get something smaller, as a beginner? I want to start off target shooting, then if I get into it, I will upgrade, to go hunting with it

#5 quemado

quemado
  • Silver Sponsor Silver Sponsor
  • 54 posts
  • LocationAlbuquerque New Mexico

Posted 05 July 2013 - 02:19 AM

There are a couple of very cheap ways to go. First you need to know if they are legal where you live. If not, you will need to find something else to do.

Get a golf tee and take it to your local hardware store. They should have some 1/2 inch white plastic water pipe with an inside diameter the same size as a standard golf tee. You only need ~ 3 foot piece. Use golf tees as darts.

At the same place, get a piece of electrical conduit pipe about four feet long. By darts online (they will need to be sanded down on the back end to fit the conduit), or make your own.

For each of them design or copy a mouthpiece from the web for yours.

You will also need a piece of paracord or other cord tied to a slender rag to clean the bore every now and then as spit builds up from steady shooting.

From one or both of them you will have a good idea of what you really need or want. Those I know who own Cold Steel blowguns really like them. But they started out cheap before committing.

I have a four foot electrical conduit blowgun a friend made for me and it serves me well for what i want from it.

#6 Vetryan15

Vetryan15

500 Post Club

• Registered
  • 585 posts
  • LocationNJ/PA

Posted 05 July 2013 - 05:20 AM

Thanks for the info quemado. They r legal to own and shoot in Pa. Which is good.

#7 quemado

quemado
  • Silver Sponsor Silver Sponsor
  • 54 posts
  • LocationAlbuquerque New Mexico

Posted 05 July 2013 - 09:44 AM

Sorry about the legal warning. I had been writing out some serious computer instructions right before. I always put in a disclaimer that if peoplw follow my instructions and make a mistake, it could be serious. I was still in that mind set when I answered your post. It shoudl not have been there, I was still in computer land.

Now that I am awake...the water pipe is white pvc.  I also remembered the guys that have CS blowguns like the large bore two piece. It gives them the flexibility to have both a four foor and a six foot pipe (?). gl

#8 Vetryan15

Vetryan15

500 Post Club

• Registered
  • 585 posts
  • LocationNJ/PA

Posted 05 July 2013 - 10:16 AM

It's cool. It made me reasearch it. Just in case. I have been eyeing up the 2piece big bore by cold steel. With 2extentioms. Just in case I get into it really hardcore

#9 treefork

treefork

4000+ Post Club

• +Member
  • 11,990 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 05 July 2013 - 03:04 PM

Make your own. 1/2 conduit $3  Done  Tons of info on the internet.

#10 Vetryan15

Vetryan15

500 Post Club

• Registered
  • 585 posts
  • LocationNJ/PA

Posted 05 July 2013 - 04:58 PM

Looks like I am gonna have to. I was on the blowgun forum but it's deader then a doorbell unfortunately
Thanks

#11 LostMarbles

LostMarbles

250 Post Club

• Registered
  • 306 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 24 July 2013 - 03:43 PM

Looks like I am gonna have to. I was on the blowgun forum but it's deader then a doorbell unfortunately
Thanks

Never ventured down to this section, but the wife and I have had the 'Avenger Warriors' for years now.  Teflon coated inside for slick/fast shooting.  They still shoot great to this day.  Picked them up at a gun/knife show in 99 I think with some friends.  Spent the whole night chasing each other and shooting the super stun darts as hard as we could.  No head shots, cauz we're smart.  :rofl:   Those suckers sting a bit!  30" one.  The longer ones are more accurate for distance.  Still have the original mouth piece although they came with 2 and bags of different darts for $15 each.  If there are any shows in your area you could probably pick one up there cheap.

#12 Vetryan15

Vetryan15

500 Post Club

• Registered
  • 585 posts
  • LocationNJ/PA

Posted 24 July 2013 - 04:44 PM

Thanks Lost Marbles. i I have been looking at the 24" warrior. On www.slingshotsusa.com and they come with 40 darts. For $14. I will look at the next gun/knife show.

#13 orcrender

orcrender

3000 Post Club

• Gold Sponsor Gold Sponsor
  • 3,050 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina USA

Posted 24 July 2013 - 05:22 PM

If you don't want to make your own here is a very good dealer on the web.

#14 orcrender

orcrender

3000 Post Club

• Gold Sponsor Gold Sponsor
  • 3,050 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina USA

Posted 24 July 2013 - 05:24 PM

Forgot to say I have 2 of the extreme precision CT .50 cal pipes from them.  Fast service.

#15 Vetryan15

Vetryan15

500 Post Club

• Registered
  • 585 posts
  • LocationNJ/PA

Posted 24 July 2013 - 05:45 PM

Forgot to say I have 2 of the extreme precision CT .50 cal pipes from them. Fast service.

Thanks I will check them out

#16 LostMarbles

LostMarbles

250 Post Club

• Registered
  • 306 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 25 July 2013 - 03:19 PM

Thanks Lost Marbles. i I have been looking at the 24" warrior. On www.slingshotsusa.com and they come with 40 darts. For $14. I will look at the next gun/knife show.

Actually just measured one and it's 36", not 30".  Not sure how much difference it makes with accuracy though.  The prices on the site you linked looked good too as long as shipping isn't outrageous.  I was shooting mine from the 10m mark and could put darts through a can easily.  Forgot how much fun they were too!

The .50cal ones look nice.  The Cold Steel too.  Good luck!

#17 Vetryan15

Vetryan15

500 Post Club

• Registered
  • 585 posts
  • LocationNJ/PA

Posted 25 July 2013 - 03:48 PM

I want to start small, then if I get into it I will b getting the cold steel big bore that is my plan, I was gonna buy one online, but I have a gun show in my area in1month. Me and my bro, will b going to it. So I might just wait for it

#18 zimbowarrior

zimbowarrior
  • Registered
  • 21 posts
  • LocationHarare,Zimbabwe

Posted 07 August 2013 - 03:51 AM

Believe me the big bore is worth it, i had a conduit one and when i upgraded to big bore i could hit a 1 inch group of 10 darts immediately, if you have the funds think about the big bore.

#19 SuperMonkeySlinger

SuperMonkeySlinger

• Resigned
  • 1,069 posts
  • LocationU.S.

Posted 08 August 2013 - 11:58 PM

Hey, Sorry if im late Lol.

Well, For a beginner You would for SURE want a smaller one, like 40. cal, then if you if when you have the money, I personally would get a 50. Cal, and work my way up.

Remember, The bigger the bore=usually uses heavier darts=harder blow=need more lung power!

Hope i helped.

SMS

--Click to Remove Ads--