• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 Tacketts Mill Farm

Tacketts Mill Farm
  • Registered
  • 3 posts
  • LocationStafford, VA, USA

Posted 04 July 2013 - 05:28 PM

Greetings all!  I just joined the site but have already seen a number of interesting posts, including a couple of instructional videos.  I am just rediscovering the joy of slingshots.  I hunt for meat and to kill varmints on my little place in Virginia.  I look forward to trying out squirrel and rabbit hunting with my slingshot.  I had no idea there was such a huge community of slingshot enthusiasts or the variety of slingshots available that there are now.  I think I am in lust with Joerg Sprave's Cougar slingshot, I just wish it was not made in the PRC.  Anyone who has one or has experience with one that would like to direct me towards more info would be deeply appreciated.  I am an avid firearm shooter, former cop, retired military and competive shooter.  I am a gardener, a homebrewer, a chicken, turkey, & duck farmer, an enthusiastic cook of my homegrown food and wild game.  I look forward to participating in the slingshot world too!

#2 Btoon84

Btoon84

4000+ Post Club

• Moderators Moderators
  • 4,545 posts
  • LocationOrlando, FL

Posted 04 July 2013 - 06:57 PM

Welcome aboard sir. A man of many hobbies I see. Enjoy yourself, an awesome community here. Slingshots are awesome! Feel free to have a go at making your own :) There's a templates section with all sorts of ideas.

#3 treefork

treefork

4000+ Post Club

• +Member
  • 11,732 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 04 July 2013 - 07:45 PM

Welcome to the forum

#4 e~shot

e~shot

~Pouch Maker~

• Gold Sponsor Gold Sponsor
  • 12,361 posts
  • LocationSri Lanka

Posted 04 July 2013 - 08:26 PM

Welcome to the forum! Love to see your garden pics :)

#5 Can-Opener

Can-Opener

1000 Post Club

• +Member
  • 1,795 posts
  • LocationOregon

Posted 04 July 2013 - 10:27 PM

Shoot em if you got um! Welcome to the forum.

#6 Saderath

Saderath

Resigned

• Resigned
  • 804 posts
  • LocationGreece

Posted 04 July 2013 - 10:45 PM

Welcome!

#7 PorkChopSling

PorkChopSling

2000 Post Club

• Silver Sponsor Silver Sponsor
  • 2,893 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 05 July 2013 - 01:16 AM

Hello, and welcome to the forum!! As to your question, I've got a dunkung slingshot a few month ago, the dancing ergo, and it is one of my favorite ones at the moment and my flippingout maxim poly. I've dropped it, no problem, just dont get those cheap knock off on ebay they are cheap for a reason. As you have seen there are many types and kinds of slingshots and the quest for it takes some trial. Kind of like finding the right gun, or rifle, or bow, but not as expensive. But, if you would prefer something American made have you by chance looked at flippingout's? I think maybe you might like the axiom flipkung. Just got to simpleshot.com and take a look. Good luck on your search! And, remember you could just make one of your own until you figuer out what you like.

#8 Mr.Teh

Mr.Teh

3000 Post Club

• Registered
  • 3,746 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 05 July 2013 - 08:27 AM

Hello and welcome :wave:

#9 mr. green

mr. green

1000 Post Club

• 1,843 posts
  • Locationbc, canada

Posted 05 July 2013 - 09:04 AM

Welcome to the forum.

#10 Tacketts Mill Farm

Tacketts Mill Farm
  • Registered
  • 3 posts
  • LocationStafford, VA, USA

Posted 05 July 2013 - 03:02 PM

Thanks for the warm welcome!  I do have the intent of eventually making my own slingshot, but I want to learn more first.  I was just outside playing with my Barnett Diablo II, but am having some issues with the way it feels in my hand.  The sight is essentially worthless and I have turned it out of the way for now.  I think I'll just take it off.  I notice no one who takes slingshots seriously even mentions these Barnetts.  Is there a place where a slingshot enthusiast can take in some reviews of the various models? 

#11 garry57

garry57
  • Registered
  • 23 posts
  • LocationVirginia

Posted 05 July 2013 - 03:45 PM

Welcome!  I am from Virginia too.  Only been a member for a short time.  There is a ton of good information on this forum.  Lots of friendly, helpful members.  I learn something new and useful every day.

Enjoy!

#12 quarterinmynose

quarterinmynose

2000 Post Club

• 2,360 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina, USA

Posted 06 July 2013 - 08:39 AM

Hi and welcome, there is a reviews section on the main page here.   Most people don't bother with fancy sights or big box slingshots, not that there is anything wrong with that, but once you get a simple board cut or a treefork in your hand with some snappy flatbands.....well it's like a light being flipped on.   Have a look around and get an idea for stuff you wanna try.  Homemades can be very simple and easy to make and are a great way to try a few different things on the cheap.  Have fun.

#13 Mr.Teh

Mr.Teh

3000 Post Club

• Registered
  • 3,746 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 07 July 2013 - 07:32 AM

For infos you are right here, welcome to the forum :wave:

#14 tradspirit

tradspirit

500 Post Club

• Registered
  • 634 posts
  • LocationOxford, CT

Posted 09 July 2013 - 11:12 AM

Welcome aboard!

#15 tradspirit

tradspirit

500 Post Club

• Registered
  • 634 posts
  • LocationOxford, CT

Posted 09 July 2013 - 11:13 AM

Welcome aboard!!

#16 Imperial

Imperial

-HOBBYIST-HUMORIST-

• +Member
  • 6,604 posts
  • LocationHELLPERIAL, MEXIFORNIA

Posted 09 July 2013 - 01:57 PM

:wave:   hello and welcome to the SSF ! seems to me that slingshots are a great addition to ones retirement. a simple instrument, yet frustrating to learn-  but da mn ! its a lot of fun ! Enjoy !

#17 MagicTorch100

MagicTorch100

General tinkerer

• Registered
  • 820 posts
  • LocationLancashire, UK.

Posted 09 July 2013 - 03:59 PM

Hello welcome to the forum..

--Click to Remove Ads--