Bill Hays

2000 Post Club

• Vendors Supporting Vendor
  • 2,590 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 23 June 2013 - 01:11 PM

POPULAR

Well Guys and Gals, it's TIME!

We're running the annual Pocket Predator summer shooting contest.

Because of the increased skill level of the slingshot shooting populace... the official target will reflect that now.

These contests are open to ANYBODY on the planet, no restrictions on location, age or sex.... Furthermore, you can use ANY type of rubber/latex powered weapon, slingbows, crossbow type slingshots, slingrifles, wrist braced slingshots, non wrist braced... It's an OPEN contest!

THE ONLY RESTRICTIONS ARE:
1) YOU CAN NOT USE LASERS OR ENHANCED OPTICS LIKE A MAGNIFIED SCOPE.

2) YOU MUST SUPPORT THE WEAPON YOURSELF, NO BENCHRESTS, PRONE SHOOTING OR RESTING THE ELBOWS ON A SOLID SURFACE.

SHOULDER STOCKS, WRIST BRACES, ARE ALLOWED... AND IF YOU WANT TO SHOOT WHILE SITTING DOWN, THAT'S FINE TOO.

TWO ways to win!
First prize is a TubeMaster Slingshot made from black, 1/2" thick ballistic rated G10, and entry into the every shooter's $50.00 drawing.
Second prize... The 2nd way to win... simply put up a video of you shooting at the target and under the conditions shown (you don't even have to hit the thing).... EVERY video counts as one entry and one chance to win another $50.00 drawing. A person can enter as many times as they wish, and every video counts as an entry!

Requirements to make it count as an official entry video:

One official target printed out from http://www.pocketpredator.com/MatchTargetSheet.pdf OR you can simply shoot at real matches placed a minimum of 2" apart.
A barrier of some sort, set at a minimum of 33' from the target.
A way to prove the distance.
You must stand behind the barrier.
You must shoot 10 shots.
Ammo should be .60 cal and smaller, to big and the paper is punched to much to tell anything.
Everything must be a continuous video shot, no pauses or stops, unedited and legible in frame. It is also advisable to prove no video cutting by either playing a radio in the background, audible to the audience... or showing an analog clock in frame at the same time when shooting.

Contests start on the 1st of the Month and run to the last day of the Month, closing at 6 pm Central Standard Time of that day.

On the video, You must state your name and that you're shooting for, "the pocketpredator.com shooting contest". You must show the unpunched paper target OR the unbroken matches. If shooting at the paper target you must sign and date it before it can be official... if shooting at real matches, you must state your name and the date so that it is audible for the viewer. This is essential in a monthly contest so if a person gets a perfect target done... he wouldn't be able to enter the same video month after month, the date being there helps to prevent viewer confusion.

Also, the target and you standing behind the barrier must be in frame when videoing the shooting.

THERE IS ONE SPECIAL RULE... IF YOU ARE SHOOTING AT REAL MATCHES AND YOU GET ONE TO FIRE UP FROM YOUR SHOT, THAT IS WORTH 10 POINTS. OTHERWISE ALL MATCH HITS, BREAKS OR VISIBLE SCRAPES ARE WORTH 1 POINT. SHOOTING AT THE PAPER TARGET A MAXIMUM OF 10 POINTS IS POSSIBLE, BUT IF YOU ARE SHOOTING AT REAL MATCHES.. A MAXIMUM OF 100 POINTS IS POSSIBLE!!!

MatchTargetSheet.gif

http://www.pocketpre...TargetSheet.pdf

x158.jpg

In this case of a left handed shooter winning... then a right hand hold, solid black ballistic rated G10 piece will be used

Attached Files

Edited by Bill Hays, 01 July 2013 - 10:12 AM.

#2 Charles

Charles

4000+ Post Club

• Moderators Moderators
  • 6,911 posts
  • LocationBritish Columbia

Posted 23 June 2013 - 02:19 PM

Looks like fun! ... But it's going to be tough!

Cheers ........ Charles

#3 BC-Slinger

BC-Slinger

SS3 not quite 4 yet

• +Member
  • 1,238 posts
  • LocationVictoria BC

Posted 23 June 2013 - 03:42 PM

Looks like fun! ... But it's going to be tough!

Cheers ........ Charles

I am looking forward to seeing what kind of crowd this draws. Should make for a fun competition and goods times.

Thanks for posting this Master Bill. I will try to give this a shot and hope I can fair half as good as you.

Cheers

BC-Slinger

#4 Bill Hays

Bill Hays

2000 Post Club

• 2,590 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 23 June 2013 - 05:50 PM

Yes, it should be a lot of fun... the last contests were a blast and I don't expect anything different this time!

Couple of notes... I won't be competing in this shoot... however I will compete in the last shoot for the year which will probably be October or November's contest, depending on the weather.

The last contest will be a Champion of Champion's contest and only winners from this and prior year's contest will be allowed to compete.... of course ANYONE can shoot along with the champions, but only the champion's scores will count.... There will be an extra special prize for the winner of that one. 

Also, if you win a contest this year... you certainly can compete in more contests... but your score will not count towards winning. However you will be eligible for other prizes and of course you will be able to shoot in the Champion of Champion's Shootout.

AND it would be a good idea to post your videos in this thread so they will be found and seen easily!

Thanks and have fun!

#5 treefork

treefork

4000+ Post Club

• +Member
  • 10,453 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 23 June 2013 - 05:58 PM

Another great contribution to the forum!

#6 Arturito

Arturito

750 Post Club

• Registered
  • 985 posts
  • LocationChile

Posted 23 June 2013 - 06:17 PM

I like it ! count with me ... sure I will be not near the winner but will be a lot of fun, thanks Master Bill Hayes, I hope that we will have tons of videos to enjoy ! ... btw a pleasure watch you shooting butterfly ...

Cheers

Arturo

#7 M.J

M.J

Six of one/ Half dozen of the other

• Moderators Moderators
  • 5,693 posts
  • LocationIndiana, USA

Posted 23 June 2013 - 07:43 PM

Woo hoo!

I love shooting contests!

I don't have any of those cool-guy strike anywheres but I do have plenty of regular matches, so I'll be shooting at those.

Thanks, Bill!!!

#8 ash

ash

679 Post Club

• Silver Sponsor Silver Sponsor
  • 2,645 posts
  • LocationAuckland, NZ

Posted 23 June 2013 - 09:35 PM

Seems like a good excuse to find some fancy matches :D

#9 Saderath

Saderath

750 Post Club

• Registered
  • 802 posts
  • LocationGreece

Posted 24 June 2013 - 06:31 AM

This is going to be a blast! Loving the challenge!

#10 M.J

M.J

• Moderators Moderators
  • 5,693 posts
  • LocationIndiana, USA

Posted 24 June 2013 - 07:50 AM

Can we start submitting vids before July 1st?

#11 Bill Hays

Bill Hays

2000 Post Club

• 2,590 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 24 June 2013 - 10:05 AM

Can we start submitting vids before July 1st?

Certainly you can Mike... and they will count as well!

I just thought I'd announce a week early so as to allow people to have a little extra time if they wanted to get some real matches to shoot at... remember how hard it was for some to find the small plastic golf balls or the like in the past? Well I didn't want that to happen again.

Anyway, yes it is more than fine to post entries now... and they will count.

Remember Guys/Gals the more entries you make, the more chances you have at the money draw.... since each entry is like a ticket and all the tickets are put in a "hat"... shook up and a winner is chosen at random.

So even if you miss every match, or miss the paper entirely... you still have the same chance of winning money as the person who shoots a perfect score... the trick is quantity!

#12 Falconthrust

Falconthrust

100 Post Club

• Registered
  • 109 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 24 June 2013 - 11:02 AM

Looks like I have to really practice if I'm going to even have a remote chance at placing in this contest. It's going to be fun!

#13 M.J

M.J

• Moderators Moderators
  • 5,693 posts
  • LocationIndiana, USA

Posted 24 June 2013 - 01:44 PM

Ok, here we go!

Two hits on this one, I expect to get a few more before the contest is over but this is an ok start.

Sorry about the "witness protection program" effect of the shelf blocking my face while I'm shooting, I'll figure it out for next time :iono:

#14 gaboxolo

gaboxolo

100 Post Club

• Registered
  • 221 posts
  • LocationValencia, Spain

Posted 24 June 2013 - 05:08 PM

Ok, here we go!

Two hits on this one, I expect to get a few more before the contest is over but this is an ok start.

Sorry about the "witness protection program" effect of the shelf blocking my face while I'm shooting, I'll figure it out for next time :iono:

I always love your shooting style michael

nice start

P.S: i will post my entry soon!

#15 gaboxolo

gaboxolo

100 Post Club

• Registered
  • 221 posts
  • LocationValencia, Spain

Posted 24 June 2013 - 05:15 PM

Another question, in order to help those shooters (like me) who are gonna shoot at real matches,,,is it possible to paint the matches in order to make them more visible ?

#16 Beanflip

Beanflip

2000 Post Club

• Bronze Sponsor Bronze Sponsor
  • 2,140 posts
  • LocationKansas

Posted 24 June 2013 - 09:28 PM

I'm excited to participate in this again. Past contests did a lot to improve my shooting. Now I wish I would have dug my heals into getting a match to light.

#17 Can-Opener

Can-Opener

1000 Post Club

• +Member
  • 1,517 posts
  • LocationOregon

Posted 25 June 2013 - 07:49 AM

This looks like awesome fun! Not to be critical but the way beanflip set up his matches in a line above each other They are not two inches apart? it would be easy to shoot at the top one and hit the bottom one by mistake. by the two inch rule if this allowed thats how I will set up my matches?? Not trying to be a pain. But the line up is easier than the elevation control Could you please clarify this set up rule for me.

#18 Bill Hays

Bill Hays

2000 Post Club

• 2,590 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 25 June 2013 - 11:05 AM

Looking good Guys!

We've got:

MJ 1 vid, with 2 pts.

BeanFlip 1 vid, with 2 pts. 

Don't worry, if we end up with a tie... we'll just King Harrod the slingshot!

JK... we'll figure something out I'm sure...

#19 SuperMonkeySlinger

SuperMonkeySlinger

Resigned

• Resigned
  • 1,069 posts
  • LocationU.S.

Posted 25 June 2013 - 11:49 AM

Reading the contest got me nervous! Will try to participate.

Looks very fun!!

SMS

#20 M.J

M.J

• Moderators Moderators
  • 5,693 posts
  • LocationIndiana, USA

Posted 25 June 2013 - 01:12 PM

One match-hit at a time...

The third hit didn't break the match off but it did graze it. Good enough, I suppose. I did a video with three hits where all were broken but I erased it :stupidcomp: .

--Click to Remove Ads--