Today I finally got in my new stock of Theraband Gold and Black. First thing I did was cut some bands to try out an idea I've had stuck in my head. Let me be clear: I did not invent this concept and I don't claim to be breaking any new ground, it's just not something I'd previously done.
I wanted to try flatbands that loop through the pouch to form doubles rather than being made up of two strips per side. Tex's LB2000 bands are made this way as are Saunders bands and the (sadly out of production) ZDP-189 Fastbands. The difference is that these guys are pros and I'm an amateur at best so their bands are tapered in an hourglass fashion and mine are straight cut.
I made two strips of TBB 7/8" wide by 14.5" long. If I like these and decide to make more then next time they'll be 14" as I ended up shortening them up to an effective length of 6.75". They're looped through the pouch and located with a small strip of cotton medical tape. I used the tape because I wanted something that wouldn't heat up and potentially wear on the bands like strips of latex (theoretically) would and I have some kind of mental block when it comes to making constrictor knots out of cotton string.
My goal with this is a good balance of shootability, speed and longevity. So far the first two are there. These shoot 7/16" steel at about 190fps, which isn't earth-shaking but is plenty enough to target shoot out to 35 yards and they're money-in-the-bank accurate. We'll see about the longevity, I'll keep you posted.