20 replies to this topic

#1 lightgeoduck

lightgeoduck

"Mighty Can Smiter"

• Moderators Moderators
  • 4,291 posts
  • LocationNot in Japan anymore,silly

Posted 30 March 2013 - 01:55 AM

Well I can't find the beginning source of some of these ideas, but I can say that from my own pondering my brain told me to do this :)

I have attempted to "perfect" this, in order to display and share to the community, but my ideas sometimes exceed my ability to work on them to a final project (with the exception of simple little mods :).

Anyway I can tell you that the thread that sparked me to create this thread was Henry's HERE

images from earlier

image.jpg
image.jpg

I have shared this to some, but its open to any crafter to make use of what they see useful.

Thanks for watching

LGD

#2 e~shot

e~shot

~Pouch Maker~

• Gold Sponsor Gold Sponsor
  • 12,162 posts
  • LocationSri Lanka

Posted 30 March 2013 - 02:32 AM

Thanks for sharing buddy, I can remember Bill Hays videos too.

#3 lightgeoduck

lightgeoduck

"Mighty Can Smiter"

• Moderators Moderators
  • 4,291 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 02:41 AM

Thanks for sharing buddy, I can remember Bill Hays videos too.

I haven't seen any of Bill's videos doing this to a slingshot? Of course I wouldnt be surprised that through the years he had touched just about everything slingshot related, probably many  others have as well.

I guess I can pack up my bags, no need to regurgitate information. I guess we will never know what:s new, since I dont spend my time researching something that I think of. I usually use my research time, for thoughts I do not have.

Thanks

LGD

Edited by lightgeoduck, 30 March 2013 - 02:42 AM.

#4 e~shot

e~shot

~Pouch Maker~

• Gold Sponsor Gold Sponsor
  • 12,162 posts
  • LocationSri Lanka

Posted 30 March 2013 - 04:46 AM

I mean this video :)

#5 lightgeoduck

lightgeoduck

"Mighty Can Smiter"

• Moderators Moderators
  • 4,291 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 04:55 AM

Oh ok, I have seen that, and you are right that is a "Sling rifle " no doubt about that. However, I was explaining an alternative to the sling rifles that are out there, but using the same concept used to aid in accuracy using a slingshot you already have. One would hold and draw the same as they would with their slingshot, but add a guide for consistency.

If you are into golfing, they have a lot of products that you can use to " train" your form.

LGD

#6 ZorroSlinger

ZorroSlinger

250 Post Club

• Registered
  • 304 posts
  • LocationSan Francisco Bay Area

Posted 30 March 2013 - 05:37 AM

I have inconsistencies with the extended arm of the SS holding hand.It sometimes feels as though my extended arm is at a slight parallax position to the target. I can still hit target  even though it feels my form is off. This is a cool training aid, even just using the dowel/stick  guide without firing ammo,  I think will help develop that muscle memory to 'feel' where my extended arm, pouch draw, & eye should be (all aligned).  Also, I recall someone posted video giving pointer to move the whole upper body, pouch drawn hand & extended arm as a  single unit in relation to target. This is helpful ... thanks! 

#7 Dayhiker

Dayhiker

Member, Brotherhood of Slingshot Nutz

• Bronze Sponsor Bronze Sponsor
  • 9,847 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 30 March 2013 - 05:42 AM

It'll be interesting to see how this works for some of the more rigid-type shooters.  As for me, Mr. Duck, I'm too much of a rag-doll, loosey-goosey type of shooter to use anything that constraining.  I can see the wisdom in it though as a training device for some.

#8 lightgeoduck

lightgeoduck

"Mighty Can Smiter"

• Moderators Moderators
  • 4,291 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 05:49 AM

Thanks for the comments guys.

Bill, when I was young and single I liked my women same as the way you shoot :P I know what you are saying and agree (not for all). I know I am more of a rigid shooter, but couldn't use any form of this for a long time. I do see using it, for some of my more precision shots, that I don't do on the regular.

Thanks again

LGD

#9 lightgeoduck

lightgeoduck

"Mighty Can Smiter"

• Moderators Moderators
  • 4,291 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 05:55 AM

I have inconsistencies with the extended arm of the SS holding hand.It sometimes feels as though my extended arm is at a slight parallax position to the target. I can still hit target  even though it feels my form is off. This is a cool training aid, even just using the dowel/stick  guide without firing ammo,  I think will help develop that muscle memory to 'feel' where my extended arm, pouch draw, & eye should be (all aligned).  Also, I recall someone posted video giving pointer to move the whole upper body, pouch drawn hand & extended arm as a  single unit in relation to target. This is helpful ... thanks! 

As I was watching my video, after you made that comment, you are right, this would work well even without ammo, especially looking in a mirror or recording it for review... The lone shooter needs all the assistance they can get .

LGD

#10 Henry in Panama

Henry in Panama

Geezer Gang

• Moderators Moderators
  • 3,484 posts
  • LocationPanama

Posted 30 March 2013 - 06:17 AM

Another great idea Greg. Thanks for sharing.

#11 treefork

treefork

4000+ Post Club

• +Member
  • 11,445 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 30 March 2013 - 10:40 AM

Wait till you know who finds you playing in the kitchen again! You'll be sharing the dog house.

#12 lightgeoduck

lightgeoduck

"Mighty Can Smiter"

• Moderators Moderators
  • 4,291 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 04:02 PM

Another great idea Greg. Thanks for sharing.

Thanks, Henry .  

Wait till you know who finds you playing in the kitchen again! You'll be sharing the dog house.

No worries, I am only in there when she is not, which is a rare. ;)

LGD

#13 flipgun

flipgun

1000 Post Club

• Registered
  • 1,803 posts
  • Locationtexas

Posted 30 March 2013 - 10:48 PM

"I guess I can pack up my bags, no need to regurgitate information. I guess we will never know what:s new,"

Brother, If you ain't never seen it? It's New. 

I learn "New" stuff almost everyday.

#14 lightgeoduck

lightgeoduck

"Mighty Can Smiter"

• Moderators Moderators
  • 4,291 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 12:07 AM

"I guess I can pack up my bags, no need to regurgitate information. I guess we will never know what:s new,"

Thanks, man. I rarely search for things that I think up, and the only time I know it's not new is when someone else inspires me to do something... Don't worry, I won't pack up me bags , just yet :P

LGD

#15 Bob at Draco

Bob at Draco

100 Post Club

• Registered
  • 224 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 31 March 2013 - 07:21 PM

That's cool. New shooters could definitely get some thing out of that for being consistent.

#16 Guest_OldSpookASA_*

Guest_OldSpookASA_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 May 2013 - 08:55 PM

What ^He^ said...

#17 dgui

dgui

Resigned

• Resigned
  • 5,563 posts
  • Locationusa

Posted 08 May 2013 - 06:05 PM

Heres a treat, line things up with your nose and you will hit it, no joke.

#18 Skillet

Skillet
  • Registered
  • 85 posts
  • LocationAlabama

Posted 08 May 2013 - 07:20 PM

Could you elaborate on the nose alignment please? Not sure exactly how to do it.Thanks.

#19 abagrizzli

abagrizzli

100 Post Club

• Registered
  • 212 posts
  • LocationIsrael

Posted 10 May 2013 - 05:59 AM

I have to try this. Thank you, Greg.

#20 ZorroSlinger

ZorroSlinger

250 Post Club

• Registered
  • 304 posts
  • LocationSan Francisco Bay Area

Posted 11 May 2013 - 02:43 AM

Heres a treat, line things up with your nose and you will hit it, no joke.

Gracias amigo for the tip!  I also have a good size nose :)

P.S. @ Skillet - I believe that part of face being an anchor point ...  drawing the pouch to maybe the outside corner of your schnozzle?  I'll have to experiment!

Edited by ZorroSlinger, 11 May 2013 - 02:51 AM.

--Click to Remove Ads--