Slingshots Forum banner

Paracord pouch attachment

6K views 17 replies 10 participants last post by  Larry Bourgeois 
#1 ·
I wanted to try this for some time now, and finally came to it on my "to do" list. However, I can't seem to find where I saw it.

I am embarassed to say that my searching skills are lacking with this, so I need some help.

There was a method where a piece of paracord ran through the pouch hole then the end of the paracord inserted into the tube.

I think I have an idea, but I would like to see a pic so I can make a clean attachment.

Your help is deeply appreciated.

LGD

#9 · (Edited by Moderator)
TA_00_zps1a8afb60.jpg

1. Instead of tie the knot end of the cord, I burned it

2. After inserting the tube useing a hemostat, but it takes much time, I wish I could have a bent nose plier

bent-nose-250x250_zps1a94904b.jpg

3. Constrictor knot with bees waxed cotton twine

4. Banded up with Btoon classic and it shoots well, but it is very light setup, next I m planing to attached it on 1745

#15 ·
I thought it up before some time ago before I saw the post however, so my "invention" was already invented. I like Hrawk's photo above...it says it all. As the tube is pulled, it constricts around the knot similar in effect of a Wrist Rocket tube attachment to the fork, adding a tie assures it won't pull out. Melting the end of the paracord is nice and less weighty and less bulky than a knot, makes a ball or nail head shape IF you mash it while hot and melted, endwise on a surface to flare it a bit... onto a cold wet surface right after it melts. The wet surface prevents the melted nylon from sticking. If you have one of the new silicone ovenware, melted nylon won't stick to it nor a teflon pan. I use a piece of scrap granite off my counter top wetted down but any flat cold wet surface of metal works. Flaming that ball or nail head afterwards, carefully, draws it into more of a ball than a nail head which is what you want. Make sure the flare in the nylon cord isn't sharp or has spines on it, it'll nick the tube from the inside causing tube breakage at that point. I've gone to this method for all my pouches. I used to use nylon masonry anchors but this is simpler, cheaper, lighter. I got failures from masonry anchors (Whamo SSs and some others come with the equivalent).

#16 ·
"too much effort..." I carry a tube setup with me rolled up in a plastic bag with a twisty tie on it, when I'm out in the woods shooting and a few cable ties for a quick change, and I mean QUICK. Zip zip it's done and a ball's in the air shortly. Back at the farm when there's time to kill I make up a few more setups. If it takes me a minute more it's not important, not racing a stop watch. The knot in tube method actually saves elastic. Getting elastic here in monkeyland is like trying to find a snowball in hades so I save every cm I can.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.