5 replies to this topic

#1 stej

stej

750 Post Club

• Registered
  • 902 posts
  • LocationCzech Republic

Posted 06 March 2013 - 05:43 AM

Has anybody tried this pouch attachment? It seems it might work, but I have tested it only shortly. I doubt I'm the first one who tries this and that's why I'm asking. It all started at http://slingshotforu...bes-attachment/ and this attachment was suggested by beaverman.

Attached Thumbnails

• 2013-03-06 12.09.09.jpg
  • 2013-03-06 12.09.29.jpg

#2 Tex-Shooter

Tex-Shooter

4000+ Post Club

• Vendors Supporting Vendor
  • 4,139 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 06 March 2013 - 08:01 AM

We have tested that form of tying and found that it causes fliers. In Fact we tested every form of rubber tying at the pouch and all caused fliers. Some less and some more. Some you could live with and some you could not. The lest fliers with rubber ties at the pouch were with thin rubber strips. Rubber Ties at the fork can cause fliers with some forks also, mainly narrow forks without tie grooves. But this depends mainly on the shooting style. -- Tex

#3 stej

stej

750 Post Club

• Registered
  • 902 posts
  • LocationCzech Republic

Posted 06 March 2013 - 08:31 AM

Good to hear. It's probably interesting for more people - I know that a lot of experiments has been done and it's quite difficult to come up with something new. But if one doesn't know how it works, it's needed to test it. So I did.

Did you have also some fork hits with this attachment? It's 2040 tubes so they are quite narrow and the knot is not too bulky.. That's why I though it might work.

#4 treefork

treefork

4000+ Post Club

• +Member
  • 12,915 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 06 March 2013 - 09:06 AM

I've have used one inch thera gold flat looped at the pouch and never had a flyer so it must be a form thing for others. I found it to be more durable than a double tied at the pouch. Just what works for me.

#5 Tex-Shooter

Tex-Shooter

4000+ Post Club

• Vendors Supporting Vendor
  • 4,139 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 06 March 2013 - 10:17 AM

I have only had three real fork hits doing test on new products and I don't think that any of them done the fork damage. I have hit my hand twice and did ever shoot those set-ups again. Now having said that, we all have fork hits that we are not aware of. High speed video proves that and almost all of them are brushes with the fork. Unless you are a really fine shot, you may not even know that you have fliers. if you have a flier that cause a miss of a foot or more at 10 meters it is something in your set-up. I designed my target slingshot using test information. Even though it is the most accurate slingshot that I personally have shot, there are changes that I would make to it if I built another one. -- Tex

Edited by Tex-Shooter, 08 March 2013 - 07:33 AM.

#6 flipgun

flipgun

1000 Post Club

• Registered
  • 1,992 posts
  • Locationtexas

Posted 07 March 2013 - 10:51 PM

I do that on my plinker that I made for file bands. Short range indoor shooting is fine with it

--Click to Remove Ads--