Do you enjoy shooting heavy pull slingshots with lots of power? Like to bust things up? This is the Club for you.
Here's how to become a Power Ranger.
- Find a bandset/ammo combination that will produce at least 180 feet (54.86 meters) per second or higher velocity and 15 lb/ft (20.4 joules)
- Make a video similar to the one in the next post.
- You and the Chrony should be visible when the shots are made. After each shot, either zoom to the Chrony readout or move the camera close enough to see the readout, keeping the Chrony in view at all times. The most powerful shot must be backed up by at least one other shot within 5% of the same power. Please do not edit the video at any point between the first and last shot. It's OK to shoot a lot of shots and remove from each end, but the qualifying shots should be continuous.
- Post the video and full information about the fork, bandset, and ammo. The same information about the ammo as above must be included. Include the dimensions, width, taper, relaxed length (fork to pouch tie), and pouch. Give the size and type of round ball. If you use any ammo other than round ball steel or lead, you must weigh the ammo. Use scales with an accuracy of .01% or better. Also state your approximate draw length.
- The frame may be any form, but rubber must be drawn with one hand only. There are no restrictions on ammo weight.
The Android app "Chrono Connect" has been approved for both Speed Freaks and Power Rangers. To qualify for either Speed Freaks or Power Rangers with this app, please review and follow this tutorial.
The video must show your setup, including measurements from 1st sound producer to target. The 1st sound producer should be far enough from the slingshot that the pouch does not strike the sound producer. The distance from 1st sound producer to target must be entered into Chrono Connect precisely as measured and that distance must be at least 192 inches. Sound sensitivity of the app should be set to the lowest setting which will produce results. It is very important to follow the tutorial and these instructions exactly, as any deviation can result in erratic readings. Setups which do not conform to the tutorial will not be considered for qualification.
Edited by Henry in Panama, 01 April 2013 - 11:34 AM.