433 replies to this topic

#21 Henry the Hermit

Henry the Hermit

Geezer Gang

• Moderators Moderators
  • 4,581 posts
  • LocationGeneva, Texas / Panama

Posted 20 November 2012 - 09:07 AM

Congratulations, Ben. You are now at the top of the Top Guns list. I also shot a 374 yesterday, so don't get too comfortable in that spot. LOL!

#22 Henry the Hermit

Henry the Hermit

Geezer Gang

• Moderators Moderators
  • 4,581 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 10:50 AM

After watching Ben's latest video and reviewing one of Torsten's, I realized that different standards for extended fork slingshots is unfair, because both of these guys have very long draws with their butterfly styles. So, I have removed the restriction on extended fork slingshots.

#23 Charles

Charles

4000+ Post Club

• Moderators Moderators
  • 10,759 posts
  • LocationBritish Columbia

Posted 20 November 2012 - 10:57 AM

Ben, Henry ... I think I have the secret figured out that you guys are using ... It's the BEARD!!!! In that case, I should have this one in the bag.

I am making a new slingshot to use for this effort. Hope to have an entry before long.

Cheers ..... Charles

#24 Henry the Hermit

Henry the Hermit

Geezer Gang

• Moderators Moderators
  • 4,581 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 11:09 AM

Ben, Henry ... I think I have the secret figured out that you guys are using ... It's the BEARD!!!! In that case, I should have this one in the bag.

I am making a new slingshot to use for this effort. Hope to have an entry before long.

Cheers ..... Charles

Hope to see your name on the member list soon, Charles. Yep, beards are bitchin', but in Ben's case I think it may be beered. :)

#25 bullseyeben!

bullseyeben!

2000 Post Club

• 2,336 posts
  • LocationAdelaide, sth aus

Posted 21 November 2012 - 01:29 AM

Congratulations, Ben. You are now at the top of the Top Guns list. I also shot a 374 yesterday, so don't get too comfortable in that spot. LOL!

Haha thanks Henry :)
Yea I'm all out of 5/16 ( apart from the few hundred lodged in my fig tree...) so I think ill drop down a couple of mm, and try for that 400mark ;)
It's all fun either way.. cheers mate..

Cheers ..... Charles

Despite what the missus says, a beard is an important asset! ;)
Sorry beered lol..

#26 timdix

timdix
  • 85 posts
  • Locationaustralia

Posted 21 November 2012 - 06:28 AM

Wow,380fps for tubes is just awesome Henry.
Ben,summer's only a week away,I can see 400 getting blown out of the water!
I've never shot tubes that fast,my current max is 352fps with 3/8 steel with 1745 tapers.
I'm busting to enter but I'm still working on alternative releases because of my dodgy thumb. I reckon if I can scrounge some extra draw length with a new design I can get up there.

#27 Henry the Hermit

Henry the Hermit

Geezer Gang

• Moderators Moderators
  • 4,581 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 01:46 PM

OK, all you guys in Oz. If you want to be first to 400 fps, you better get busy. This is with 2040 Dankung tubes, which I already knew are faster than 1842 or 1745. This set is 7:6 ratio.

Fork: Cashew Natural Fork Ringshooter
Rubber: Dankung 2040, tied in a pseudo-taper configuration. Double part, 3.5 inches, single part, 3.0 inches. Total pull length 6.5 inches.
Approximate Draw: 36 inches
Pouch: Kangaroo, 1/2 x 2 inches.
Ammo: .25 caliber/6.35mm steel by Daisy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i0tYEXwms-o&feature=youtu.be

#28 Flatband

Flatband

4000+ Post Club

• Moderators Moderators
  • 4,694 posts
  • LocationNY/NJ Metro Region

Posted 21 November 2012 - 02:36 PM

Henry, You have arrived!!!!!!!!!!! Flatband :bowdown:

#29 Berkshire bred

Berkshire bred

750 Post Club

• Registered
  • 848 posts
  • Locationberkshire england

Posted 21 November 2012 - 02:58 PM

i have no crony so i can not enter :( but i do know that gamekeeper john has a video of him shooting in excess of 500fps with a slingshot, worth a look.

#30 Henry the Hermit

Henry the Hermit

Geezer Gang

• Moderators Moderators
  • 4,581 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 03:21 PM

i have no crony so i can not enter :( but i do know that gamekeeper john has a video of him shooting in excess of 500fps with a slingshot, worth a look.

Torsten in Germany has also shown videos with speed of over 500 fps. I would like to see him and John join us and share their secrets of high speed shooting. As for having a Chrony, maybe someone who lives close to you has one.

Edited by Henry in Panama, 21 November 2012 - 03:22 PM.

#31 timdix

timdix
  • 85 posts
  • Locationaustralia

Posted 21 November 2012 - 09:06 PM

Henry,can I suggest that you have separate categories for tubes and bands. It is slightly more challenging to achieve extreme speeds with tubes as extreme tapers are not possible.

#32 Beanflip

Beanflip

Bean it!

• Moderators Moderators
  • 3,812 posts
  • LocationKansas

Posted 21 November 2012 - 10:16 PM

Henry, I really want to participate. So, I made up a set of tubes and put in a call to a friend to see if I can barrow his crony! If it works out, I am thinking of shooting at work under the shop tube heater. :headbang:

#33 Henry the Hermit

Henry the Hermit

Geezer Gang

• Moderators Moderators
  • 4,581 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 10:30 PM

Henry, I really want to participate. So, I made up a set of tubes and put in a call to a friend to see if I can barrow his crony! If it works out, I am thinking of shooting at work under the shop tube heater. :headbang:

That should work. The warmer, the better. I'm looking forward to adding your name to the Club roster.

#34 Henry the Hermit

Henry the Hermit

Geezer Gang

• Moderators Moderators
  • 4,581 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 10:51 PM

Henry,can I suggest that you have separate categories for tubes and bands. It is slightly more challenging to achieve extreme speeds with tubes as extreme tapers are not possible.

I thought about that, Tim, but for now, at least, I want to keep things pretty simple, both for gaining membership and keeping up with the accomplishments. Let's see how it goes. I'm hoping there will be enough interest to justify asking some folks to help administer the club.

And besides, for the moment, tubes are kicking butt on the flats boys. LOL!

#35 bullseyeben!

bullseyeben!

2000 Post Club

• 2,336 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 11:48 PM

Wow,380fps for tubes is just awesome Henry.
Ben,summer's only a week away,I can see 400 getting blown out of the water!
I've never shot tubes that fast,my current max is 352fps with 3/8 steel with 1745 tapers.
I'm busting to enter but I'm still working on alternative releases because of my dodgy thumb. I reckon if I can scrounge some extra draw length with a new design I can get up there.

Yea mate be good to see another Aussie in the ranks!, as for that thumb, a few southwark stouts or 6 will sort that out lol.. hope we see some video soon.. ;)

#36 bullseyeben!

bullseyeben!

2000 Post Club

• 2,336 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 11:54 PM

OK, all you guys in Oz. If you want to be first to 400 fps, you better get busy. This is with 2040 Dankung tubes, which I already knew are faster than 1842 or 1745. This set is 7:6 ratio.

Fork: Cashew Natural Fork Ringshooter
Rubber: Dankung 2040, tied in a pseudo-taper configuration. Double part, 3.5 inches, single part, 3.0 inches. Total pull length 6.5 inches.
Approximate Draw: 36 inches
Pouch: Kangaroo, 1/2 x 2 inches.
Ammo: .25 caliber/6.35mm steel by Daisy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i0tYEXwms-o&feature=youtu.be

Strike me pink Henry! Hats off to you, that's very impressive... don't suppose you had a pot of boiling water out of camera view lol..
Oh well you've left me no option but to break out the tb black :)

#37 Beanflip

Beanflip

Bean it!

• Moderators Moderators
  • 3,812 posts
  • LocationKansas

Posted 22 November 2012 - 02:37 PM

Well I got a chronograph from my friend ......but......it's not working :(

#38 Flatband

Flatband

4000+ Post Club

• Moderators Moderators
  • 4,694 posts
  • LocationNY/NJ Metro Region

Posted 22 November 2012 - 03:05 PM

Hi Bean, Chronies love light so put a white sheet under the unit for reflection and make sure your sensors are clean and you have a fresh battery. Shoot about 6-8 inches above the readers and you should be good. Have fun! Flatband

#39 Charles

Charles

4000+ Post Club

• Moderators Moderators
  • 10,759 posts
  • LocationBritish Columbia

Posted 22 November 2012 - 05:36 PM

Also remember the chronys do NOT like florescent lighting. Shut off ALL florescent lights ... use only outdoor sunlight or incandescent lighting.

Cheers ..... Charles

#40 Beanflip

Beanflip

Bean it!

• Moderators Moderators
  • 3,812 posts
  • LocationKansas

Posted 22 November 2012 - 06:28 PM

Thanks Flatband and Charles I'll give those tips a try. I was under a floresent light in the garage. Hope you guys solved my problems.

--Click to Remove Ads--