Slingshots Forum banner

New Single Pocket Pouch Forming Die

Tags
pouches
2K views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  Tex-Shooter 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
I have made a few of these Structural PVC pouch forming dies as shown in the picture. The die set comes with a properly sized vitreous glass forming ball, four Leather blanks and instructions to get you started. The die set forms a 1/2 inch pocket. The price is [font=comic sans ms, cursive]$12 shipped [/font]and sold only to USA addresses. It is my understanding that there is a patent pending on the single and double pocket pouches so these would be for your personal use only. PM me for contact info. -- Tex

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
OK, I have been asked several questions about the single pocket pouch die set that I am selling. First is it just a washer? No, it is a band saw cut pieces of structural PVC rod that then has proper size center holes drilled and the sharp edges softened up with a countersink and a hand tool. Secondly, are both sides alright for forming? Yes they are. Thirdly, how strong are they? I don't know, but they will give good service if used with some care, knowing that they are made with a plastic. Fourthly, is that just a vitreous glass marble? Yes it is, but I had to literally go through about 2 pounds of them to get 17 that would work dimensionally and in roundness. Fifthly, will you put the directions on the forum? Yes here they are with some pictures.

Wet forming slingshot pouches with your new die.

Step one; wet the leather blanks through and through.

Step two; squeeze excess water from leather blanks.

Step three; lay one half of die on the table.

Step four; lay one of the leather blanks on the die with rough side up.

Step five; press die ball into leather strip so it will stay put (not too hard).

Step six; place second leather strip on the first one (lining them up) and place second half of die on the leather, pressing down enough to keep in place.

Step seven; pick up die squeezing die together keeping die ball and leather blanks in place.

Step eight; clamp in spring clamps, or other clamping device keeping the device on top of the leather strips in the die. (Remember, this is a plastic die so don't damage it with a rough surface or two much pressure)

Step nine; let set for 6 to 12 hours, then remove clamping device and let the formed pouches set over night.

Step ten; trim blanks and punch tie holes.

Attachments

#4 ·
I don't know for sure, only that I have heard that the single ans double pocket pouches have a patent pending. I have not seen it yet myself and have lookes. -- Tex

#5 · (Edited by Moderator)
Here is an alternate way to clamp the One Pocket Dies. The only problem with this method is the pouches come out fairly wet 12 hours later and needs to slow dry to avoid shrinking too much. About 10 pounds will work quite well. - Tex

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.