At the weekend, I decided to create a Mini-Hunter by Bill Hays! I have made one of these before but only out of plywood, whereas this one is aluminium!
I started by tracing my design on to the aluminium plate (1cm thick)
Then I began to carefully cut out using the jigsaw.
After this I began to file the edges and finger and thumb grooves.
Next I sanded the whole slingshot/catapult until smooth with sandpaper, and then wet sanded it again.
I then began to polish it, hoping to bring out a lovely mirror shine only to end up dropping it!! This marked it a lot!
I carried on and polished more..
Here are the results so far.. Still need to polish more!!