#102 S.S. sLinGeR

S.S. sLinGeR

S.S.

• Gold Sponsor Gold Sponsor
  • 2,789 posts
  • LocationKurtopian Catacombs, USA

Posted 30 August 2014 - 02:45 PM

Will looped 2040 be ok for hunting small birds with 3/8 steel

Yes just run them short and you will have plenty of speed. :)

#103 kwinpr

kwinpr

250 Post Club

• 331 posts
  • LocationPuerto Rico

Posted 27 September 2014 - 10:29 PM

Awesome chart!

#104 wll

wll

So Many Marbles ------------- So Little Time ;-)

• 2,745 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 16 October 2014 - 06:03 AM

Just saved the last chart and put it on my desktop, a great bit of info.

wll

#105 shruby61

shruby61
  • 2 posts
  • Locationindiana

Posted 23 October 2014 - 06:58 AM

I have a Daisy F16. I am new to this forum and a relative novice to slingshotting. I want to replace the tubes on this slingshot and need some advice on what size and type of tubing to use. I called Daisy and they said the size is 3/8 surgical tubing. I do not know if that is inner diameter or outer. This will be used for target shooting and light hunting. Thank you for your help. Scott

#106 wll

wll

• 2,745 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 23 October 2014 - 09:43 AM

I have a Daisy F16. I am new to this forum and a relative novice to slingshotting. I want to replace the tubes on this slingshot and need some advice on what size and type of tubing to use. I called Daisy and they said the size is 3/8 surgical tubing. I do not know if that is inner diameter or outer. This will be used for target shooting and light hunting. Thank you for your help. Scott

Check my post under "Slingshot Modifications" on the F-16 The F-16 tube set is WAAAAY to heavy for good shooting, Check YouTube and PFS shooters post on it and see what he says.

The metal rod that that Daisy is made out of is good, and modifications can be done to shoot bands or tubes. As you can see I took off the grips and para-corded it, so now it is a thin carry sling and can be set up for great power and portability.

I will have more pics tomorrow to show the band set up I have on it.

wll

#107 shruby61

shruby61
  • 2 posts
  • Locationindiana

Posted 23 October 2014 - 01:30 PM

Thanks Wll.  The modifications look great.  I bought 2 of them and may try that with one.  I agree the stock tubing is too short and stiff.   What tube brand and size would be an optimal fit for function on the F16 metal rod?

#108 wll

wll

• 2,745 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 24 October 2014 - 09:19 AM

Thanks Wll.  The modifications look great.  I bought 2 of them and may try that with one.  I agree the stock tubing is too short and stiff.   What tube brand and size would be an optimal fit for function on the F16 metal rod?

I'm still experimenting big time as I'm getting back into this game after about a 20 year lay off ;- )

My mounting of the bands have a few modifications to what you see and I will post them as soon as I can. The one is  for sure, the rubber when ran through the loop at the fork end MUST be tied to the body of the fork. It is a very fast and easy thing to do and stops the rubber from backing out. The rubber from the F-16 is over the forks and a small piece (1/4-3/8's) will be over the double bands near the middle just to  try to keep the tubes from tangling.

Also, because I am so lazy the think I will forgo the pseudo tube thing and just go with looped tubes. I have 1745 and the 2050's are on their way. I have some of Tex's light tubes and may use them on another sling I have.

I will not be using the leather pouch that came with the sling as it is heavier than my kitchen sink, I feel it will slow velocity down quite a bit. I will be using a pouch from Tex or Ray ... both fine pouches for sure.

I will post these on my F-16 post when I can get a free moment.

wll

#109 slingart

slingart
  • 13 posts
  • Locationstrasburg ohio

Posted 24 November 2015 - 01:25 PM

Great information.....but here is my dilemma I have been searching an answer for. I will be using Dankung 2050. For a 30" draw, how long should the bands be from the rear of a Rambone sling?

#110 fred45

fred45

250 Post Club

• +Member
  • 385 posts
  • LocationMO

Posted 06 April 2016 - 03:31 PM

just a few hours ago got a package from china, must have beat the new year party!!! got a ergo steel frame and 10 meters of 2050 and 10 meters of 1842!!! tried pics having issues try later

#111 pippofunghetto

pippofunghetto
  • Registered
  • 4 posts
  • LocationLevanto

Posted 19 February 2017 - 02:57 AM

I would add that a larger cross-section makes for a heavier draw but not necessarily a faster band. Fatter tubes are better for large ammo but more layers of thinner tube will be faster. For example I would almost guarentee that 4-strand (one loop per side) 1842 is faster than 2-strand (one tube per side) 3060 even though the total amount of rubber is comperable.
It's all about matching bands to ammo.
8-strand 2040 (two loops per side) is the bomb, though B)
gallery_946_193_39511.jpg

Thanks a lot for the precious info!!
Could you please tell me where can i find in the forum the secton (if there is) where there teach how to make the loops starti g from scratch? The best is if i can (have the same like you) buy from simpleshot.com "ready to mount" but the same size/combo as the one on the pic above.

I am newbie and i just ordered a Dankung Panther wich will arrivevin few days

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

--Click to Remove Ads--