Just playing around tonight with some ideas for making a credit card sized shooter (50 x 80mm)
Here are a few ideas so far, thought I'd share them with you.
Jump to content
Posted 25 December 2011 - 10:40 AM
Posted 25 December 2011 - 04:20 PM
Posted 26 December 2011 - 05:13 PM
Posted 26 December 2011 - 10:47 PM
Posted 27 December 2011 - 03:07 AM
these look great!
i'm leaning towards the middle right
Mini shooters are always fun to plink with.
Posted 27 December 2011 - 05:50 PM
you could use thin aluminum, or Ti. but these look like fun to shoot
That's a great idea! It is similar in concept to the altoids tin-compatible series that I made, except they are smaller. I presume that if you're making them credit card sized, then you plan to fit them into a wallet and will make them no thicker than 3.5mm.
Here are the challenges:
I will update these attachments later; I will experiment with a pinkie hole derivative.
- TTF doesn't work. Essentially it shoots like a PFS with a pure OTT action
- The fork gap shape / tips need undercut to keep the bands on
- Flexibility and structural strength is an issue if you are using plastic credit cards
- Grip is a problem; you need a lanyard
- Sharp edges and protrusions may make for an uncomfortable grip
Posted 27 December 2011 - 05:56 PM
Posted 02 January 2012 - 07:23 AM
Posted 02 January 2012 - 02:17 PM
I got a question? Do you get a hand slap with short forks?
Posted 04 January 2012 - 05:19 PM
Posted 24 April 2013 - 01:14 PM