Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G850A using Tapatalk

#302 ol'school42

ol'school42

100 Post Club

• Registered
  • 186 posts
  • LocationNorth Dakota, USA

Posted 22 March 2016 - 09:12 PM

Wal-Mart.com, registerd & paypal had 2 boxes Sterling 107s shipped to nearest Wal-Mart free shipping. $13 USD.  In case there's no Staples near.  Tried Office Depot & they were not available... like sold out.  Must be those darn slingshot maniacs.

#303 Henry the Hermit

Henry the Hermit

Geezer Gang

• Moderators Moderators
  • 4,564 posts
  • LocationGeneva, Texas / Panama

Posted 22 March 2016 - 10:17 PM

RH, I tie my bands and tubes to pouch in a constrictor knot with waxed string that I bought from a leather shop. This little tutorial shows how I do it. I use the same tie with flats and tubes. Dental floss should work at the pouch if you use a thick floss. I use rubber bands and sometimes TB to tie at the fork. Wrap it tight. I've enver had one slip and I don't use grooves. Also cinch the pouch tie real tight.

Warm I have. As for knowledge, I'm getting to the age where I have to look up my own posts to remember what I know. :)

http://oldpeddler.co...t107/index.html

#304 RHTWIST

RHTWIST

250 Post Club

• Registered
  • 309 posts
  • LocationMaine

Posted 23 March 2016 - 06:58 AM

Henry, Like the photos and all the makings and gear I see on the table.  The only difference 

with my slingshot bench is, outside it's 30 and 6" of snow on the ground!

With TBG I gather, fold and tie so band remains flat. Pass through is inside to outside.-CD

#305 Henry the Hermit

Henry the Hermit

Geezer Gang

• Moderators Moderators
  • 4,564 posts

Posted 23 March 2016 - 09:32 AM

Flat bands should be as flat as possible where they pass through the pouch to distribute the load. Some bunching is unavoidable.

It's also 30 © here, but no snow. :)

#306 ol'school42

ol'school42

100 Post Club

• Registered
  • 186 posts
  • LocationNorth Dakota, USA

Posted 26 April 2016 - 06:44 PM

Hello Henry, (a fellow geezer & Capricorn)

I have been having such great fun using the 107s (thanks to your post & Charles) with the Cholita frame in 3/4" bamboo, laminated in 3 layers.  I cut the bands an inch past the 6.5" recommended to make the pull a tad easier. As I mentioned previously I ordered 2 bags for $13.89 from a Wal-Mart website delivered to the store nearest me. About 60 miles.  So now I have 2 pounds of Alliance 107s.  As the bands wear out on my others I will probably just use them on those also.  I was going to order some looped tube but the VA prosthetics department donated about 15' of red tubing.  Thanks for sharing your knowledge.

Edited by ol'school42, 26 April 2016 - 06:45 PM.

#307 NaturalFork

NaturalFork

No other shooting sport compares.

• Bronze Sponsor Bronze Sponsor
  • 6,270 posts
  • LocationNew Hampshire

Posted 09 August 2016 - 01:38 PM

I always seem to come back to 107s. I am now shooting them at full length and using a floating anchor and extended draw. They are just great for naturals. They seem to have the ease and speed of tubes ... and almost the longevity.

#308 Ibojoe

Ibojoe

1000 Post Club

• Registered
  • 1,521 posts
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 09 September 2016 - 04:39 AM

Got to tell ya, this was a great thread. Took me a couple of tries to get through it all. Great info shared here in a really nice manner! No trouble makers just good sound advice. A very pleasant read! Thank you!!

#309 Nik Nikolby

Nik Nikolby
  • Registered
  • 79 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 13 September 2016 - 12:19 AM

Henry this is an awesome thing you have done. It gave me the confidence to put rubber bands on my slingshot and be proud of it and I was stunned at the power. Thank you for your time and effort. If there is a new shooter reading this: he's serious. Sand back a forked stick and tie on some rubber bands and be shocked at the results!

#310 Henry the Hermit

Henry the Hermit

Geezer Gang

• Moderators Moderators
  • 4,564 posts

Posted 13 September 2016 - 03:53 PM

Thanks, guys. I'm happy that my attempts at showing that 107s can be good has inspired some to try them. It's especially gratifying when they are used on a Cholita frame. :)

--Click to Remove Ads--